Ritz/Registry/Edgewater Beach Hotel

Sep 27th, 2000, 05:56 PM
Sarah

Ritz/Registry/Edgewater Beach Hotel

Wondering which of these places would be best for an extra-special long weekend in November. Would Sanibel or Captiva be a better choice?

Thanks!

Sep 28th, 2000, 08:02 AM
judy

Hi Sarah, did not stay at the others, but I found the Edgewater Beach Hotel to be top notch and very well appointed! A plus, is the proximity to good restaurants and shopping.....the rooms are suites with a kitchenette,,,,good for breakfasts and snacks.....We realllyyy liked it.....just to let you know.

Sep 28th, 2000, 10:17 PM
John

Everybody should know by now that the Ritz-Carlton in Naples is absolutely TOPS for what you're looking for! Everything else PALES in comparison!!

Sep 30th, 2000, 05:22 AM
Sarah

Well,I checked with the Ritz and they are booked for the dates I need. Would the next best place be the Registry or Edgewater Beach Hotel?

Thanks!

Sep 30th, 2000, 04:04 PM
CMcDaniel

We've stayed at the Registry. The hotel is lovely but staff has an attitude. It's a wanna-be Ritz and except for the attitude, they might have made it. Still, if you are looking for luxury, it might be a better bet than the Edgewater.

I believe I'm correct in saying too that the Edgewater is the only one of these that is directly on the water. Both the Ritz and the Registry have mangroves separating them from their beaches.

Oct 4th, 2000, 02:39 PM
Patrick

As a "native" Neapolitan (for 23 years), I say go for the Edgewater. It is much less "big hotel" feel and is really very nice, although certainly no Ritz. But its best feature is the location. You can easily go to the great new restaurants and the shopping in "old Naples" and walk many more miles of beach than at the other locations -- and yes, you will be right on the beach, if that is important.

Oct 4th, 2000, 05:08 PM
Aaron

Without a doubt The Ritz is by far the best Naples has to offer. The Edgewater is nice as is the Registry. The location of the Edgewater, in my opinion, would be the deciding factor. It's directly on the beach. I've been going to Naples for thirty years - you will love it. Go to the Ritz for Sunday Brunch - it's an experience you will never forget.

Oct 5th, 2000, 07:30 PM
Betty Ann

The restaurant on the top floor of the Edgewater Beach Hotel is GREAT! Expensive AND worth it. Open only to hotel guests and members. Make reservations.