Search

RIHGA ROYAL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 08:13 AM
britt

RIHGA ROYAL

hello all. i am trying to decide between some hotels for a weekend stay in NY for the summer. does anyone have any info in the RIHGA?? it seems pretty great, but you never know...
THANKS!!

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Dick

My wife's law firm has a corporate account with that hotel and she raves about it, especially when all the regular rooms are full and she gets upgraded to a suite.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 10:17 AM
Rachel

My husband and I stayed there a few weeks ago and loved it. Great location. I was under the impression it was an all-suite hotel. Our suite was great, huge bathroom, great service. We really enjoyed it.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Patrick

Dick, if your wife is being told she is being upgraded to a suite, she must be getting taken. The Rhiga is indeed an all suite hotel. I've seen the suites, but not stayed there and they are very nice. They also have a spectacular brunch with a great view.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 12:19 PM
Jeanne

I was told that they're promoting Imperial Suites (the mid-level) floors, with a $25 per day food and drink discount. Does anyone know if the beds are comfy? The suites sound lovely. We stayed at the Shoreham a year ago and were really pleased with the place but the rooms were teeny. If you don't mind small spaces, it has many nice extras--sleek, modern, design with dramatic lighting and extravagant use of stainless steel and stargazer lillies; Frette linens and thick robes; cable TV; daily paper; bottled water; fresh flowers; artsy framed photos on the walls; really comfortable beds down comforters and terrific lighting over the headboard. It's also in a good location, right across the street from the St. Regis. They have their own bar/restaurant (no more free continental breakfast) on site with many other excellent restaurants in the neighborhood. Quikbook www.quikbook.com has some good rates. Just be sure to request a corner room in the new section up on a higher floor.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 12:33 PM
Frank

Recently read that RIHGA Royal is being sold and may be managed by Marriott under their upscale division of J.W. Marriott.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 01:19 PM
elizabeth

I stayed at the Righa Royal in early January in an Imperial Suite booked via Quikbook at a rate of $269/night plus a $25 Food & Beverage credit per night.
Location was great and the suite was lovely.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 04:04 PM
mustangs81

Do miss the Sunday brunch. It's one of the best in the city and has a great view of Central Park. Make reservations if you do go and ask for a window table.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 09:58 PM
britt

THANKS SO MUCH for the helpful info! That's just what I wanted to hear! I'm definitely going to try quikbook.com too.