Reload this Page >

Review/contact info for Hale Hui Kai in Wailea

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Doug

Mary or anyone else....Do you have contact info for this small condo? Also, are there a few restaurants within walking distance to the condo. We DO NOT want to drive each night for dinner. Can anyone make any other suggestions re: a one week stay in a quiet area? As always, thanks for the help.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 01:50 PM
doug

Doug, unfortunately, if staying in Wailea and you want to go to restaurants other than hotel restaurants on the beach, you have to drive. There are a lot of great local restaurants in the travel book Maui Revealed. If you don't want to drive at night you can always take a cab. We stayed at the Renassance Hotel and with the Entertainment rate it is $180. ni. From there you can walk to all the other hotel restaurants as well as the many rest. at the shops at Wailea! Good Luck!

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 01:54 PM
stayer

Doug:

I will be there next week. I will let you know what I think of Hale Hui Kai.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Linda

At the Shops at Wailea (free shuttle service available from all the Wailea hotels) there is a Ruth Chris Steak House, A Tommy Bahama restaurant, a Cheeseburger in Paradise Restaurant, and a Longhi's Restaurant. Also by the Wailea tennis Courts (also accessible by shuttle) is Joe's Bar and Grill ... run by Joe and Beverly Gannon.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:39 AM
Mary

Hale Hui Kai has a website. You'd need to do a search as I don't have the web address handy. The phone number is (800) 809-6284 or (808) 879-1219. The manager's name is Martha. I would suggest booking a unit closest to the beachfront. They have oceanfront units and side ocean units that are both very nice.
There is an Italian restaurant next door- Sarento's (?) and the Five Palms at Mana Kai is a two minute beach walk from the condo. A longer walk down the beach takes you to the restaurants at the Renaissance Wailea. Otherwise it's a five minute drive to the big resorts and hotels at Wailea and a ten minute drive to Kihea. (Kihei traffic, however, can be a mini-nightmare.)
You can also barbecue on the beach at Hale Hui Kai. Great beach!