Reload this Page >

Restaurants near Marriott Marquis

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Cathy

My husband and I will be in New York the end of May. We are staying at the Marriott Marquis. We have everything planned out, even tickets to see the Producers, but we still aren't sure where to eat. I've heard that Windows on the World is the place to go for the view. How about the food? They have a "Sunset Menu" for a fixed price of $40.00 per person. Is it worth it?

We are planning to attend a show of the Blue Man Group and thought of eating at a place called Miracle Grill. Any suggestions or comments would be helpful. I am very excited about this trip ,for it will be my first.

Old May 13th, 2001, 06:26 PM
Karen

The rooftop dining room at the Marriott Marquis is very good and nice views, if you get a windowside table. We ate at a casual restaurant, Playwright, or something along that line...I believe to the right as you leave Marriott. Loads of restaurants everywhere, we even liked Sardis very much and made on-line reservations before we left home.

Old May 14th, 2001, 04:39 AM
Laura

Try Rene Pujol, which is just a couple blocks north of the Marriott. It's one of our favorites for pre-theater.

Old May 14th, 2001, 05:28 AM
Howard

There are literally hundreds of restaurants within walking distance of the Marriott Marquis. How about some idea of how much you want to spend and the type(s) of food you like?

Old May 14th, 2001, 06:37 AM
Lori

46th Street between 8th and 9th Avenues is known as restaurant row and has quite a few good restaurants. My favs are Becco, Les Sans Culottes, and Orso. There are all types of food, and all prices.

Old May 14th, 2001, 06:52 AM
Cheryl

I have stayed several times at the Marriott Marquis ... you are actually right around the block from "Restaurant Row" on 46th Street between 8th and 9th. Don't be blocked into just eating at restaurants right around there ... many others are just a quick cab ride away. I would recommend Gotham Bar and Grill (wonderful!), Gramercy Tavern, and Union Square Cafe ... there would be a quick cab ride to the East Village area. Also, one of my favorites is the Red Eye Grill on 7th Avenue and 56th (I think?).

I would also recommend considering the BB King Blues Club for an evening activity. It is on 42nd Street right around the corner from the Marriott. You could call ahead to see what shows are scheduled. We saw a great show there recently with Sam Moore ... he did the original "Soul Man" song and many others that you would recognize ... the Blues Brothers act is actually based on his music ... it was quite a treat!