patti

restaurants in sedona and phoenix/scottsdale

We are planning a trip to sedona and
the phoenix/scottsdale area .Does anyone
have any recommendations for restaurants that
serve southwestern food?

Jan 1st, 2003, 12:39 PM
Julie

I'm not sure if it's considered "Southwestern," but I stayed at the Enchantment Resort in Sedona and the restaurant was excellent. Wonderful setting too.

Jan 1st, 2003, 05:25 PM
Maggie

My husband and I traveled to those same spots last summer; Sedona was our favorite, by far. We stayed at the Briar Patch Inn, which is right on Oak Creek. We went to Enchantment for a great meal with an even better view. Also, try Shugrues Hillside for a good meal with another great view. In Scottsdale, try the Salt Cellar; it specializes in seafood and is in the middle of nowhere (if my husband had not called for directions, I would have thought we were hopelessly lost) but has atmosphere second to none and pretty good food as well. The best meal we had in Scottsdale was La Hacienda at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess - incredible. Have a nice trip.

Jan 1st, 2003, 06:11 PM
Pat

Maggie: We are thinking about planning a trip to see the Grand Canyon. We travel with another couple who are our best friends. Our husbands love the "Old West" type stuff but my girlfriend is not much on that sort of stuff. Is there plenty of things out that way for everyone, even those who are not cowboys? Also, we will be going in late June and we were wondering how hot it will be then. If you have any suggestions to help us make up our minds or plan our trip, I would appreciate your advice. We are from La. and are in our "50's". Thanks

Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:52 AM
Maggie

Pat, Make your trip to the Grand Canyon from Sedona; a 2-hour drive vs. 4 from Scottsdale. The drive from Sedona to the GC is incredible - almost as grand as the canyon, but not quite. On the way back from GC we detoured to Williams, I think, which was the last town to be bypassed by Route 66; in hindsight, we would have skipped it, as there's not a whole lot there. In Sedona, we went for a Pink Jeep Tour: you can choose your level of adventure. We went to old Indian ruins, which were interesting, but maybe next time we would have chosen a more adventurous (read: bumpy) ride! If the menfolk want to go play cowboy, Sedona has a shopping plaza where you could spend hours. Also, the Chapel in the Rocks is a must-see. For a great sunset view, head to the Sedona airport and you'll see the viewing spot before you reach the airport. Then, once the sun is down, go eat at the airport, which has a really tasty little restaurant.

Jan 6th, 2003, 10:00 AM
Snarla

Two of my local faves in Phoenix:

Richardson's (16th St. & Bethany Home..right off Hwy 51). Great food! They only take reservations for parties of 4 or more and the wait may be long on a weekend. But it's great to eat at the bar..don't miss this place.

Roaring Fork (Scottsdale Rd. & Goldwater..just north of Fashion Square Mall-blink and you've missed it). Fabulous food.

Jan 6th, 2003, 10:00 AM
Snarla

Two of my local faves in Phoenix:

Richardson's (16th St. & Bethany Home..right off Hwy 51). Great food! They only take reservations for parties of 4 or more and the wait may be long on a weekend. But it's great to eat at the bar..don't miss this place.

Roaring Fork (Scottsdale Rd. & Goldwater..just north of Fashion Square Mall-blink and you've missed it). Fabulous food.
snarla