Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Santa Fe and Taos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 09:41 AM
cat

We'll be visiting Santa Fe and Taos next month, and I was looking for dining recommendations while we're there. We like all kinds of food, but of course, want to go to places that are unique to New Mexico. Maybe one fun spot, and one romantic one? THANKS!

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 10:45 AM
pj

The Santacafe in Santa Fe is romantic and wonderful New Mexican dishes. There is this fabulous restaurant in Arroco Seyco spelled wrong. It is just a few miles from Taos-to die for!!! Absolutely the most beautiful restaurant in New Mexico. Definitly for special memories. I sat next to R. C. Gorham last Aug!!!

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Marti

My brother lives in Taos, and we love the Apple Tree. It's in the center of Taos, but still fun AND romantic.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Laurie

We loved the Anasazi Restaurant at the Inn of Anasazi. We recommended it to several people and they loved it, too. We also enjoyed Fabio's for lobster and Guadalupe Cafe is great for lunch. We also went to an excellent southwestern restaurant on the High Road to Taos but I can't recall the name.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 11:54 AM
monica

those are all good places. for something really unique, try the restaurant at the hotel Santa Fe (it's called Corn Dance). they have recipes based on native american foods. we also loved the blue something bakery for breakfast. blue point maybe?

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 12:24 PM
lisa

Also putting in a vote for the Anasazi restaurant at the Inn of the Anasazi. Nice atmosphere, wonderful service and delicious, different food -- lots of game and other unusual specialties.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 12:25 PM
lisa

Oh, yeah, also went to a fabulous restauarant in Chimayo -- maybe it's called Chimayo??? It's a large place with a big outdoor area and lots of wonderful southwestern food. Great red and green salsa. Chimayo is a small town (and a real delight, BTW), so you probably can't miss it.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 02:41 PM
pj

1 more Doc Martins in Taos you will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Cindy

This question has come up before, and I'm always happy when it does, because it gives me a chance to rave about Julian's in Santa Fe. It's a small place specializing in northern Italian cuisine. I would say it fits more into the romantic category. The food is wonderful and the staff is attentive and pleasant. I asked for a recipe once, and the chef-owner brought it to me along with his card in case I ran into trouble preparing the dish! Most places wouldn't even consider giving you a recipe. You'll need a reservation - it fills up pretty quickly.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 04:33 PM
lagirl

I think that the restaurant in Chimayo (Rancho de Chimayo?)is the restaurant referred to above on the HIgh Road to Taos. It is excellent and a little different.

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 12:25 AM
Laura

Hi,
I second the advice on the Blue Corn Cafe in the Hotel Santa Fe. Stayed there and loved it. If you like Italian food, Il Pranzo is also good.

Have fun
Laura

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 07:33 AM
pj

Another awesome restaurant is in Rancho DE Taos it is directly across from the Rancho De Taos church. The church is worth checking out. Georgia O'Keefe painted it numerous times.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 10:35 AM
doris

In Santa Fe our favorite restaurant is Paul's. I can't believe it's not one of the restaurants listed on this site's rant/rave page. It is intimate, friendly, and incredible food. Save room for the cheescake brulee. Oh my God!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Sheila

For Santa Fe - one vote for Geronimo on Canyon Road-southwestern gourmet; Rancho de Chimayo -sit outside, and The Shed(lunch). The Dragon Room (Bar @ Pink Adobe) is lots of fun before & after dinner. Anasazi is very nice, also, for dinner.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Kara

Just returned from Taos and had a spectacular dinner at Momentitos de la Vida. It's on the road between downtown Taos and the Taos Ski Valley. The restaurant is gorgeous and cozy all at once; the food is not a rice-and-beans-New-Mexico feast...a bit more sophisticated American fare, but really, very special. Enjoy.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 06:42 PM
paul

Santa Fe has some great dining. Here are my favorites: India Palace - I was reluctant to eat Indian food in Santa Fe but was I wrong. This place was great and is Mobil award winning restaurant. Atomic Cafe - don't let the name throw you. It has really great fish tacos and french toast. Finally, I second the recommendation of the Blue Corn Cafe at Hotel Santa Fe. Truly authentic native american food.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 10:44 PM
rj

PJ; I think the restaurant you went to in Arroyo Seco was Momentitos De LA Vida. Si? I highly recommend it for the most romantic and beautiful restaurant in Northern New Mexico. Except that I think it's even more romantic in the summer or fall. The outdoor sitting is like being in an Italian Villa.

On the high road to Taos have lunch at Rancho de Chimayo and in Taos you might want to try Lamberts. I, too, sat next to RC Gorman-- but at Lamberts. He must get around!

In Santa Fe, I agree with Santacafe--you can't have a bad meal there. Also, Andiamo on Garfield Street--fabulous northern Italian food. For very Romantic in Santa Fe and expensive there's the Compound. The setting is unforgettable. I think Geronimos is over-rated. Finally ate at Nellies at the Inn at Loretto it was very good and the wait staff was excellent. Ask for a table that looks onto the back-lit Church and you will think you are in Europe! Last week I had lunch at El Farol in a sunny back room overlooking the courtyard. Very nice. And very quintessential Santa Fe. Santa Fe is wonderful. I hope you have a great time.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Paul

Taos: The Apple Tree, Great Food, quick, nice presentation, intimate rooms
Santa Fe: The Pink Adobe http://www.thepinkadobe.com/home.html
Have fun.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 01:22 PM
xxx

ttt

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 01:25 PM
sss

ttt