Reload this Page >

restaurants in portland, ME?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 1999, 01:32 PM
glenn mayer

i want to treat my brother and spouse to the nicest dinner that can be had in portland (they live on the coast, near bath). Any ideas? thanks.........

Old Dec 20th, 1999, 05:24 PM
Anthony

My all time favorite restaurant in Portland would be Street & Co. @ 33 Warf St. In the Old Port District. It has the BEST and freshest seafood in town. My favorite entree; scallops in a Pernod cream sauce!

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 10:42 AM
Lisa K

Glenn,

Oh there are soooooo many choices! I love Portland's restaurants. I have tried and LOVED:

Fore Street (on Fore Street of course)
Perfetto's (on Exchange St. in the Old Port)
Walter's (across the street from Perfetto's)
Wharf Street Cafe (located in a cobblestone alley between Commercial and Fore Street)

I have eaten at all of the above and love them all. If you are looking for the "nicest" (read expensive)Fore Street would probably be the best choice of that list. I have also heard that the Back Bay Grill is EXCELLENT, but have not had the pleasure of eating there YET.

Lisa (from Bath too)

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 10:51 AM
ET

Recently at Walter's ... downtown Portland. Very small but quaint. Ask for window table. Food is very good. Service is good. But better is The White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport, ME. not very far from Portland. Upscale, five star, restaurant. There cannot be much better anywhere. You must call ahead for reservations.....however, a meal you will never forget. I didn't and I assure you neither will you!

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 01:23 PM
Matt

I would second the recommendation for Street & Co. It is an amazing place. I was in Portland for business several times, and found nothing more relaxing or satisfying than eating a great seafood meal accompanied by some wine, alone in this small, quaint place.

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 04:12 AM
Audrey

I agree with the recommendation for Street & Co., but if you don't have to be in Portland, Arrows in Ogunquit is wonderful (but closed until April--you didn't mention when you are planning your treat).