Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Phoenix

Search

Restaurants in Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 01:37 PM
Laurie

Restaurants in Phoenix

Any recommendations for good mexican/southwestern restaurants in Phoenix/Scottsdale? We will be staying at the Pointe South Mountain Resort. Thanks.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 05:23 PM
Scoots

Hyatt has a great restaurant, crembulae(SP) is awesome. Their entertainer Esaban is also awesome.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 05:27 PM
Scoots

I copied and pasted a post written by Greg on a post tittled What to do in Scottsdale:
"My wife and I go to spring training every other year. You will enjoy the Desert Cactus Park (between Van Buren and Scottsdale Blvd on the way from the Airport). Do the walk don't just drive through it. Well worth the price of admission. I recomend Pinnacle Peaks Restaurant and Brewery. It's the largest steak house in the country. Family style, they serve steak, ribs, and chicken only. The locals eat there. There's a spectacular view and a scenic drive to it. It's up in the Pinnacle Mountains. You don't want to wear a neck tie. They will cut it off and pin it to the ceiling. The whole ceiling in the place is neckties, probably a few thousand. A great place to watch sports on tv is at the 16th Street Sports Bar in Phoenix. They're voted the best chicken wings in the country. They serve the best I have ever eaten. The restaurants in Scottsdale and Tempe (like the Pink Pony and Monti's) may be less crowded in early April, they are unbearable in March. They are very good. I have never had a decent seafood dinner in the area. The Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix (Frank Lloyd Wright architecture) may be of interest to you. Old Town Scottsdale downtown has a lot of art galleries, some are better then some art museums that I have seen. There are a lot of junk stores too. Walking around Old Town fun."

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:31 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:05 AM
karen

Do you have kids with you? Some good, yet kid-friendly restaurants we've been to (that are Mexican/southwestern in nature) are Ajo Al's, Macayo, and Old El Paso BBQ.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:05 AM
karen

Do you have kids with you? Some good, yet kid-friendly restaurants we've been to (that are Mexican/southwestern in nature) are Ajo Al's, Macayo, and Old El Paso BBQ. These are all in Scottsdale.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 10:12 PM
lloyd

best southwestern choices are ztejas several locations and sams cafe also a couple of locations. these are not mexican but truer southwest

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 05:47 PM
steve

Wear a (old) necktie to Pinnacle Peak - having it cut off is half the fun.

Near the Pointe is Aunt Chilada's mexican reataurant. More authentic is Los Olivos in old town Scottsdale.

The fancy restaurant at the nearby Buttes used to have good southwest style food (haven't been there in years so I don't know if it still is).

For great Mexican grilled chicken, try El Pollo SUpremo in Tempe

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 09:56 AM
Jeanette

The places mentioned previously are all good, but gringo mexican/southwestern. You will find little authentic food in any of them.

Consider: Blue Adobe Grill in Mesa or Chandler, Carlsbad Tavern in Scottsdale, Los Sombreros in Scottsdale (try the Mole), Los Dos Molinos in Mesa or S. Phoenix (the latter is a much nicer restaurant, but the food is great at both locations), and any mexican seafood joint in Guadalupe.

Note that the Mesa and Chandler restaurants I mentioned are not far from S. Mountain. Enjoy.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 06:28 PM
Eileen

We recently spent a long weekend in Scottsdale and ate at the Roaring Fork - check it out at Zagats.com - it was OUTSTANDING.