Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Old Town Pasadena

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Shadow

My husband and I are driving down from the high desert for Sat/Sun in Old Town Pasadena.
I would love to know more about the restaurants there for dinner and breakfast.
We like almost everything and would like to stay under $100 total for dinner-nothing too fancy-just good food!
Thank you!
Shadow

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:02 PM
kam

Soriso, Twin Palms, Yugean Kang's for breakfast there's a nice little bakery with outdoor tables at Tanner Market or the restaurant that's in Tanner Market. Il Fornaio also has nice brunch/lunch menu.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:50 AM
xxx

There's a PF Changs at the new Paseo Colorado mall. While a chain restaurant, it's still one of my favorite Chinese restaurants.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Tom

I've always been fond of Holly Street Bar & Grill. It's on Holly Street near City Hall. Good food, nice atmosphere and nice live jazz music playing on many weekend evenings.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Wendy

This isn't exactly in Old Town, but would you consider fried chicken and waffles for breakfast? There's a Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles (on Lake north of the 210), a 10 minute drive from Old Town. They have *delicious* food--odd combo, but it works. Plus, it's a very LA place to visit.

For a more traditional breakfast, there's Marston's (Walnut & Fair Oaks). Yummy pancakes, omelettes, etc.

Dinner...you have tons to choose from in Old Pas. Border Grill for high end Latin fusion, though acoustics inside are bad. The ceviche and apps are stellar.

I always love Mi Piace for Italian. To me, it's better than any of the other Italian places in the area but it can be crowded so make reservations. Great desserts too.

Finally if you're in the mood for meat, I've heard great things about Delacey's Club 41. Old fashioned setting with booths and clubby steakhouse atmosphere.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Shadow

These are great ideas-thanks!
Old Town sounds like it will be fun!
Shadow

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 09:14 PM
Ana

If you and your husband like sushi I'd recommend A'Float Sushi. It's not known for its decor or ambiance but the sushi is very fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. Besides they have this interesting sushi bar where you can select any sushi the chefs prepare from passing wooden boats. It's a good way to try different things. If you don't like sushi, definitely try the Cheesecake Factory. They usually have a long wait but if you don't have one in your area it's definitely worth the try. They have a huge variety of dishes from salads, to sandwiches, to pasta, seafood and steak. I've liked everything I tried so far. It's a safe bet. And they offer huge portions (you can have an appetizer and share an entree if you'd like)! Oh, and don't forget to save room for dessert because they have the best cheesecake!

Bon apetit!

Ana

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 08:29 AM
L

I had a business trip there last year and Piace and Il Fornaio were highly recommended. I went with Il Fornaio for our business lunch and really enjoyed it. Old Town is great. Have fun!

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Shadow

Thanks everybody! We will go down to Pasadena today-can't wait to get out of town!
Shadow