Reload this Page >

Restaurants in North Miami Beach/Ft.Lauderdale

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 06:48 PM
Bonnie

We're going to be in the Aventura/Ft. Lauderdale area for 5 days. Any suggestions for restaurants? Maybe on the intercoastal or Las Olas Blvd. or the Hollywood Circle?
Any help you can give us would be appreciated.

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 07:13 PM
Patrick

The very best in north Miami Beach/aventura area is Chef Allen's. The best in Ft. Lauderdale is Mark's Las Olas.

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 07:26 PM
Rudy

Bonnie,

I agree about Mark's Las Olas. Also Coconuts, where you can dine outside on the deck overlooking the water and boats. Dress is casual, there is entertainment indoors, and the food is great. For seafood, you can't go wrong at 15th Street Fisheries. All of the above are in Fort Lauderdale.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 03:11 AM
Kristen

I lived in Ft.Lauderdale for 3 yrs and the thing I miss most is the restaurants. Las Olas is beautiful. Coconuts is fun and has a great singer during the week. MAngo's is good for pickies and a social crowd . Down on the Ft. Lauderdale strip is the outside mall which has a couple of fun restaurants inside and Evangeline's is a great restaurant right on the strip across from the water. A elegant dining experience at night. You have to go to Pier 66 in Ft. Lauderdale for drinks at the top. The restaurant spins around overlooking the whole city.

In South Beach you have to try the China Grille for fancy dining or the News Cafe for lunch or breakfast. You have to stay one night in South Beach. It's like no where else. Go to the delano and have a cosmopolitan at Madonna's Bar. Have a blast

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 12:01 PM
Rudy

Bonnie,

Kristen's idea about drinks at the Hyatt Pier 66 is a good one. It takes about an hour for the room to make one revolution, so if you're not much of a drinker, be sure to nurse your drink. Don't have dinner at the Hyatt, though. It's pretty standard hotel fare, and the prices are higher than at some of the other recommended places listed here.

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 06:55 PM
bonnie

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. We checked out Mark's Las Olas and can see why you would be so enthusiastic about it. We also went to Taverna Opa and Giorgio's near Hollywood Blvd. I'll keep the other names for our next trip. Thanks Again.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 09:49 AM
upsy daisy

Up for question on Ft Lauderdale

Old Nov 28th, 2000, 07:50 AM
les

If you're going to be there for five days might I suggest heading out to dinner in South Beach one night? It's a lovely area with so many amazing dining options---like Balan's on Lincoln Road.
Check it out . . .