Restaurants in Newton, MA???

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2005, 03:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife's family (the Newton's) will be scattered around Boston in mid-June. We've decided to meet in Newton, MA, for a mini-reunion. What's a good restaurant there...not necessarily seafood?

Thanks for your suggestions...JimM
Old May 24th, 2005, 05:45 AM

How big of a group are you talking about? Lumiere and Le Soir are two excellent French restaurants in Newton, but neither is extremely large. I'm sure both could accomodate a moderate sized group.
Old May 24th, 2005, 07:30 AM

Lots more to choose from in Chestnut Hill, such as Aquatane French Bistro, or Cheesecake Factory, which can work well for large groups at a moderate price.

Also, you may want to check out a website such as this:

http://www.epinions.com/rest-Restaur...mbridge-Newton

Good luck! Hopefully you'll get some more concrete suggestions today.

PS. Are you choosing Newton because it is the last name? That's cute. From where are you all coming?
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:00 AM

By the way, a friend of mine just mentioned Appetito in Newton for Italian, but said it is rather small. I guess as klw says, it depends on the size of your group.
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. Eight of us are coming from California, North Carolina, New Hampshire, and Texas. And yes, we selected Newton for obvious reasons.

The French restaurants sound interesting. The only decent French food in the Dallas area (where we live) is horribly expensive or done with too much of a taste of West Texas Red Neck thrown in.

Any and all ideas are welcome...

And thanks...JimM
Old May 24th, 2005, 01:11 PM

The Newton Marriot which is right off Route 128 ... has a very good restaurant and is convenient to the Mass Pike .. and Route 128 .. The food really is very good .. and they have a lovely lounge area ... right overlooking the Charles River ... You could stay there as well as have a nice dinner .. prices are moderate ... Also .. Pappa-Razzi at the Chestnut Hill Mall ... Legal Seafood also at the lower Chestnut Hill Mall ... Appetito in Newton Center is very good .. but very small and very French .. Skijack's in Newton Highlands is good as well .. Enjoy !