Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Maui and Kauai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 1999, 12:23 PM
Hope

Going to Maui and Kauai at the end of September. Would appreciate any restaurant recommendations on both islands. Am considering all types of places in terms of price (staying at Kapalua and Poipu).

Also, are there good water activities in Kauai (snorkeling, jet skis etc...)

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 12:01 PM
Elaine

Just returned from both islands and can recommend the following: Pacific Cafe (both islands), Roys (any will be good), Margaritas in Kauai.

Had mediocre and overpriced food at the following: Hanalei Gourment & Bali Hai on Kauai. Sam Choy's was overpriced and not that great on Maui.

Service everywhere was superb. Enjoy!

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 06:56 AM
Carolyn

Two excellent restaurants to visit in Maui are Lelani's and The Hula Grill. Both are on the beach in Kanapali next to the Whalers Village. Make sure you try the Ono fish and chips. Not expensive at all.

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 07:09 AM
Chuck

Hi Hope, I have to second Roy's on either island as an excellent meal albeit a little pricey.

Carolyn takes me back to one of my fondest memories - sitting in the "beach" section of the Hula grill, listening to the live music and eating their Foccacia Chicken Sandwich. Without a doubt, the best sub ten dollar meal I have ever had. I highly reccomend spending one evening at the Hula Grill.

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 07:34 AM
Ruth

Carolyn, On Kauai, do not miss CAFE COCO in Kapaa, an outdoor Fish/Pacific Rim/Vegetarian sort of place, absolutely a Polynesian fairyland at night with live music sometimes. Really neat and different! Also, Roy's and A Pacific Cafe - both islands. A Pacific Cafe is my favorite restaurant in all of Hawaii! Agree with Chuck that Hula Grill is great fun! Ate outside there twice, listening to music, watching the sun set on our last trip! Also Avalon's, Lahaina. Have a wonderful trip!

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 12:25 PM
Allison

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Kauai. Tidepools is very good there (romantic). Also, one day we drove up to Princeville and had dinner at the Princeville hotel. It was great. Make a reservation for 5:30, and you will see a beautiful sunset with a great meal.

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 12:47 PM
Jen

Hi Hope! This is far from Kapalua, but my husband and I truly enjoyed it....Carelli's on the Beach in Wailea. Excellent service, food and views! Enjoy!

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 05:50 PM
sj

We were on Maui in June and enjoyed a lovely breakfast and dinner at Jameson's Restaurant in Kapalua. We had an Entertainment Card and both meals were buy one entree get the second free. the view was beautiful over the golf course and the hills down to the ocean.

Old Aug 30th, 1999, 01:58 PM
Hawaii local

Don't miss a sunset dinner at The Plantation House, set high above the golf course and Ritz Carlton; also, Pacific-O's if you can get a table right on the beachfront, is fabulous!

Old Aug 31st, 1999, 02:30 PM
larry

best meal of my life: Gerard's on Maui. In Lahina. In Kauai, try the place at the Hyatt in Poipu. The restaurant in the fish pond.

Old Aug 31st, 1999, 06:08 PM
Gail

For the best hamburger ever, try Bubba's Burgers in Kauai. And enjoy the best vacation of your life!!! We did!

Old Aug 31st, 1999, 06:59 PM
Rick

for a great sunset meal.. try Longhi's in Lahaina,,open air, great food...the lobster cannaloni is to die for..also its a "spoken" menu,,something a little differant.

Old Aug 31st, 1999, 07:01 PM
Rick

for a great sunset meal.. try Longhi's in Lahaina,,open air, great food...the lobster cannaloni is to die for..also its a "spoken" menu,,something a little differant.