Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Las Vegas

Search

Restaurants in Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Lesley

Restaurants in Las Vegas

Nine of us girls are going to Vegas for a Bachlorette Party and where looking for some suggestions for dinner on Sat. Night..Not too pricy but fun!! Any suggestions???

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 01:29 PM
allene

We enjoyed Todd English's Figs restaurant. I think it was in the mall just off the Bellagio but not sure... Fun bar and good food. Bring your appetite though!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Tom

Mon Ami Gabi in Paris is good for typical French bistro food (steak frites, etc.). Andres, Aqua and Picasso are all wonderful, but pricey (if you decide to splurge, go for Aqua).

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 01:39 PM
k

The Todd English resto in the Bellagio is Olives.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 06:29 PM
xxx

Olives in Boston was closed by the city health board for sanitation violations.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Sue

If we were your age, we would have spent as much time as possible at the Hard Rock Hotel - especially the beach bar. It looked like lots of fun. They also have a couple nice restaurants - it was just the overall look of the place that was so amazing - totally different from the other hotels. Our other favorite place was Mandalay Bay - great restaurants and lots of activity (live hot music in the open bar) You'd love it.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 06:45 PM
jill

Well,xxx, since this Olives is in Las Vegas, I guess we won't worry .
Olives is pricey though..all the restaurants in the Bellagio are.Maybe The Hard Rock would be best.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 07:04 PM
xxx

Jill,
"pricey" - you should not comment about what you can't afford.Don't forget your fanny belt and beeper when you do to Krispey Kreme.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Kate

We love Batista's Hole in the Wall. It is located just down the street from the Flamingo and Bally's (Flamingo Rd or Blvd) You get salad, heaps of pasta and wine for a fixed price. The food is very good, the atmosphere is fun and the price is reasonable, under $15. When 4 of us sisters-in-law were there, we were seated in a small dining area with a large Italian Family having a reunion. They included us in the party and we laughed all night.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 04:19 AM
kdr

My family has always been a big fan of Batista's Hole in the Wall...but I thought it had closed down! Kate: when were you there last? When I was in Vegas May last year, I was told several times that it had closed.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Susan

Nine of us went for a baclorette party at this time last year.....we ate at Rum Jungle and thought it was a great time. We also stayed at hard rock, and the pool area is the best...they had a good mexican restaurant, but i would go with Rum Jungle (mandalay bay)

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 09:42 AM
BadBatista

Batista's is Italian in the chianti bottle, checkered tablecloth, 1970's genre. Bad, overpriced food, plain and simple.

I second Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris, good food and atmosphere, make sure you sit in the glassed-in cafe which has a birds-eye view of the strip and fountains at the Bellagio.

Olives was okay, the best part being the view of the Bellagio Fountains and decor. The food was okay and IMO overpriced.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 10:07 AM
jill

xxx-Lesley asked about not too pricey, therefore I mentioned that Olives is a little pricey as did someone else.
You seem to have a problem here, why don't you lurk somewhere else? You haven't contributed anything regarding this question.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 10:13 AM
kate

Lesley, jill is correct about Olives being quite pricey, as it is also very busy and can be noisy at night. For a group to laugh and enjoy your time together without the waiters rushing you out, you might want to look into www.lasvegas24hours.com....they have great reviews of restaurants and tell a little about which ones are good for romantic dinners, groups,etc.Also www.chowhound.com..they are very helpful there. Have a great time! Kate

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 01:18 PM
sandi

Jill- you are correct.Lesley did ask about restaurants that are not to pricey.Then why did you even bother to comment about a restaurant(Olives) that WAS pricey!!!
Her question was"not too pricy but fun!!" Jill all you have added is where not to eat and something about The Hard Rock.Do you have any specific suggestions to Lesley's question or are you just lonley looking to add your uninformed comments?

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Mr. G

Pardon sandi, guys.
She's just steamed that she was totally suckered in by that troll post by Steven the Italian Englishman, then outed by the troller himself/herself.
Sigh. Another troll casualty here at Fodor's.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 02:01 PM
xxx

The only reason i can think of to eat at Battista's Hole in the Wall is if you have searched every supermarket and you just can't find a can of Chef Boyardee spaghetti. Battista's is just one notch below that. But it is cheap, so if that is the most important thing, then by all means go.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 04:20 PM
jill

sandy,dear,I know sometimes I feel bitchy too,it's ok, I understand.
I did not bring up Olives.Someone else mentioned it, thensomeone else said that it had a problem in Boston..therefore I chimed in with my own opinion.Which, in case you are new here, is the purpose of this forum.
Unless sandy is th same person as the xx that attacked me the first time..because it bothered him that I mentioned that this is about LV not Boston?
Now that you mention it-I do have a recommendation.This is not for a hotel restaurant though, there is a place called Lotus of Siam...called The Best Thai Restaurant in the US by Conde Nast Traveler.And the prices are very reasonable.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Mike

There is a great Italian Restaurant in NY,NY that is very reasonable.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 08:26 PM
howabout

What about Emerils? it is large and there are usually large groups eating there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -