Reload this Page >

Restaurants for Thanksgiving-San Fran

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 10:48 AM
Sharon

Any restaurant recommendations in San Francisco for Thanksgiving Day Dinner?

I'd like some place upscale and my husband would be happy if they were serving turkey.

Thanks.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 07:01 PM
Deb

Sharon,
Would you consider the Cliff House? Wonderful views, and it is open for Turkey Day!

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 04:01 PM
cathy

One year we tried McArthur Park and were very disappointed. The next day we ate at a corner pub/restaurant and found out they were open on Thanksgiving and we wished we'd had gone there. It was located right near the Curran Theatre, I believe it was McGinty's or something close to that (an Irish name). It was not upscale at all, but the food was fantastic.
Other upscale restaurants that may be open would be on Pier 39 or near Ghiradelli Square, but a lot are closed that day. I went to the San Francisco Chronical website that particular year and that had some abbreviated info on what was open and closed, so you might want to check that, as well.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 04:12 PM
George

The SF board on chowhound.com also might have some suggestions....

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:30 PM
Mona

Sharon,

It will be quite difficult to find many upscale restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day. Man places ae closed both Thanksgiving and Christmas Days.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:32 PM
Mona

Sharon,

Sorry for the typos. That should be "many places are closed."

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:42 AM
Kam

Last year's list is available at www.sfgate.com/etuide/food/pages/thanksgiving They list the Dining Room at the Ritz Charlton (which has a dress code, I believe) and Mooses's on Washington Square amoung others. I would choose Moose's and call to see if they're open again this year.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:16 PM
Jacque

I'm not sure if they're open for Thanksgiving, but my friend and her family go to The Palace Hotel every year for Christmas Brunch. I've eaten there before and it's beautiful.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:25 PM
kal

Aloha all,
We've had T'giving dinner at The Carnelian Room on top of the B of A bldg. The food was good and we know the view is breathtaking. Big ol' chunk of turkey with all the trimmings.

I'd also give a nod to Moose's. Still a nice place...and one heck of a Martooni!
And you can't go wrong with The Palace.

The Pink in the Sunday Chron. should be printing their "T'giving brunch" locations shortly.
Kal