Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Restaurants at the Landing in Jacksonville, FL?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 11:10 AM
kwl

Will be in Jacksonville for an event, and wanted to make dinner reservations at a restaurant at the Landing. Last year, we were very rushed, had no reservations, and waited 2 hours. We are looking at the Landing because of events we will be attending after dinner. Any insight will be greatly appreciated; I can't find much on the web.

Thanks!

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 11:33 AM
J T Kirk

Check out JacksonvilleLanding.COM. It lists the restaruants with a brief description of each. The last time I was there (5 years ago) it seemed to be a young person's hangout. I'm not young (not that I'm old, mind you), so I didn't spend a lot of time there. There are (in my mind) nicer sections of J'Ville, but if time is a constraint, it sounds as though there a few good places to eat there.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Kristina

If you want to eat somewhere really nice, check out Ruth's Chris Steak House just across the river from the Landing. You can take the water taxi over & still get to see the Landing too. The only restaurants at the Landing these days are Hooters, Fat Tuesday's, a mexican place & a seafood place that isn't all that great.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 05:47 AM
Dennis

Kristina nailed it on the head. Hooters is the class of restaurants you will find there (what do you expect-it's Jax). I ate at the cajun place there it wasn't bad but not what your wife and you will talk about for years to come (unless you get a bad oyster). go to ruth chris's

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 06:01 AM
why

Dennis-what's up? Your name is on so many posts, trashing whatever you can...anything positive to say? If not-

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 06:04 AM
gator bait

I recommend ordering pizza by the slice at Sbarro's. They know how to make it right and the wait isn't usually that long. You may want to call ahead for reservations if you'll be going there on the weekend.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 10:56 AM
Dennis

Hey I post the truth, and the truth is there are not any good restaurants at jax landing. I'll say something positive for you- It is wonderful that I don't have to eat a jax landing every day.