Reload this Page >

Restaurants and lodging in Seattle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 11:32 AM
noe_leon

During next May I will stay a day in Seattle (leaving the next day). I need a clean and nice hotel near the airport, and will like to know about a few cheap restaurants with good food in the downtown, too.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 12:55 PM
joelly

Cant really help you with where to stay by the airport, but as for restaurants, try 13 Coins or Salty's in Burien.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 05:16 PM
Pat

There ARE no cheap eats in Seattle, except for food courts in malls. Any chain by the airport will do for lodging. But in Seattle, try out the Pike Place Market. You can nosh to your hearts content on any kind of food you want. There is a great chinese restaurant one table wide in the Market.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 05:40 PM
stanley

There are cheap restaurants and there are good restaurants. Why would a good one be cheap? If it were good they could charge more, and aren't all restaurants in the business of #1 making money? I wish people would learn that if they want cheap, they shouldn't expect it to be good. So what is it you want? Cheap or good? Or are you one of those people who call MacDonald's and Kentucky Fried Chicken good?

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 01:45 AM
ldsant

Stanley:

No reason to be snotty. Sounds like this is a legit ?. Noe_Leon. Hotel - near the airport there is a Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham which have shuttle service. They also have deals oftentimes if you call them directly.

You will have to take a bus to get to downtown from the airport (about 30 - 45 minutes depending upon traffic). You can get the bus right at the airport. Good and cheap? Here are some recommendations:

In the Market: Piroshky, Piroshky (my spelling may be off here)
Anthony's Bar
Ivar's
Can buy food in the market and eat it at the park
Pike Place Diner
There is a food court in Westlake Center

Have a good time.