restaurant suggestions for tyson's corner area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am meeting a friend in DC for the weekend, we are staying at the Marriott at Tysons Corner. We will be arriving Fri evening. We would like some suggestions of where to eat Fri night, somewhere near the hotel since we will have both traveled that day. Also, would like ideas for Sat night. We are open to taking the Metro for Sat night. This is an escape weekend from family duties, so somewhere fun, with good wine, for girls in their mid-30's.
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 07:45 AM

The Capitol Grill in Tyson's Corner has excellent food. It's kind of pricey, and of course its a steakhouse, so I don't know if that suits you. But the steak was outstanding, and the service very good.
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 07:48 AM

We love Colvin Run Tavern on route 7 in the same complex as Tiffanys. It has a good bar and excellent food and service. Worth every penny. If you are meat eaters you can split the prime rib, one of the best in the area. If you like Thai food there is Neisha Thai close to the mall. It is good as well.
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 07:52 AM

There are a ton of choices in Tysons Corner. The Tysons Galleria Mall has the triple threat of restaurants - Maggiano's (an Italian chain, and one of my absolute favorites), the Cheesecake Factory and PF Chang's. For more upscale dining, there is the Colvin Run Tavern (owned by the same owner of Kinkead's on Penn Ave in DC). The food is excellent and it is located just down the road from the Marriott on Leesburg Pike. Sam & Harry's, also on Leesburg Pike, is another option and has great steaks.
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 07:58 AM
emd

For Firday night: Bistro 1,2,3 in Tyson's Corner Center. YUM. And good service. And GOOD wine. Good reviews. The restaurant was in another location and moved to Tyson's recently. I am going Saturday night. AND it is right outside the part of Tyson's where the new wing is that just opened two weeks ago, so if you feel a need to walk off the dinner, you can window shop.
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 09:13 AM

I like Lebanese Taverna (Tysons II).

Colvin Tavern is an excellent, more upscale suggestion. For a really upscale/nice dinner out, also consider Maestro in the Ritz at Tysons II. Their wine list contains nearly 500 wines and they get very high marks from Washingtonian magazine.