Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Restaurant suggestions, Bodega Bay to Mendocino?

Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be traveling to Bodega Bay October 25 to November 1st. Would love suggestions as to restaurants. We love all types of food, my husband especially loves sushi. A very clean establishment is also important.
Thanks,
Melissa
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:27 PM

Melissa: Try the Duck Club at the Bodega Bay Lodge - gets raves everywhere.

North of Bodega Bay and very romantic are the Timber Cove Inn at Timber Cove and St. Orres in Gualala.

As for sushi, I love it too and have had a hard time finding it locally. There used to be a restaurant just outside of Bodgea Bay that had sushi but it was closed last time I went through - maybe it has re-opened. If he must have sushi, you could drive north to Jenner and go inland along the Russian River (very scenic drive) to Osake off Farmer's Lane/Highway 12 in Santa Rosa - my favorite sushi place.

Have a great time in my neighborhood!
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:35 PM

Bodega Bay: The Duck Club & Lucas Wharf
AND a new one, Seaweed Cafe-hear it is excellent,but has limited hrs/days and 2 seatings in the PM-call ahead for info. Sushi Osaka has gotten very good reviews as well.
Jenner:
the River's End offers fine dining on a bluff overlooking the confluence of the Russian River & Pacific and a herd of sea lions.
Gualala:Recently relocated from Pt. Arena is Pangea Cafe-707-884-9669-EXCELLent!Reservations a must
Elk: Annies for breakfast all day(well everything is delicious here). Be sure to stop up the road and across the street at the Greenwood Pier Inn and wander through their gardens and check out the spectacular rooms and views-BTW
where are you staying?
I have a few others in mind if these don't work for your days-hope these help
Welcome to Sonoma/Mendocino AND Have a wonderful trip!
R5
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your suggestions!!
We are staying in a house in Bodega Bay; the website is "Gem of the Harbor". Looks very nice.
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 07:10 AM

Melissa,
If you are headed north of Bodega Bay...check out the Redwood Coast Chamber of Commerce website at www.redwoodcoastchamber.com. Our area extends from Fort Ross in Sonoma Country thru Irish Beach in Mendocino County. (If you want clean...I personally would skip Timber Cove Inn.) For a special meal, try Sea Ranch Lodge (The Sea Ranch), Pangaea Cafe (Gualala), St. Orres (Gualala/Anchor Bay) and Victorian Gardens (Manchester/Irish Beach). Good sushi is served on Fridays in Gualala at Oceansong, and in Point Arena at Arena Cove Bar & Grill.
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 08:58 AM

I second the Duck Club at the Bodega Bay Lodge and Spa. We stayed there a couple of years ago in their newly remodeled Trumpeter Swan room. Just beautiful. Dinner at the Duck Club was first class. Have a great time! ***kim***