Restaurant Recommendations Martha's Vineyard

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2006, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Returning to MV with college roommate to stay at Hob Knob Inn this weekend. What are you "regulars" favorite places to eat these days? We enjoyed Atria last time we went, but looking for great food at all price ranges. We have a car, so we can travel. Will most likely spend most our time in Edgartown and Vineyard Haven for the shopping.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Just called Atria and they don't open up until May 9th-hope we don't find too many more things closed up!
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:18 PM

alchemy is a favorite of our friends who live in the island.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:24 PM

Here's some favorites of ours you can try, you can likely find their web pages and see/ or call - I don't have numbers for all, but here's a list:

Lola's is fun, food, music, dancing - you could see if they are open- 508.693.5007 - on the road between oak bluffs and edgartown - open all year

Sweet Life Cafe - Oak Bluffs 696.0200

Alchemy on Main St in Edgartown
Chesca's - right in Edgartown
David Ryans in Edgartown - I'm not a favorite of the food, but it's a fun place for lunch, or nachos and drinks.

Zapotec in Oak Bluffs if you are in the mood for mexican, and if you don't eat at Lola's, go there after for drinks and music/dancing. Even the ladies dance together at Lola's - anything goes !

And there is always Lattanzi's in Oak Bluffs, Black Dog Tavern in Vineyard Haven -

Remember, VH is a dry town, but there is a restaurant in VH if it is open, across from Moxie's, that has great food and you can bring your own.

Don't foget ice cream at Mad Martha's -

Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:57 PM

we had a great meal at Sweet Life last summer--it is in Oak Bluffs so you can have a glass of wine, etc. Very low key and nice. I'll keep this thread going as we are due back in July and I always like to check on what's good on MV. Hope you will write when you get back--have fun,

Mary in D.C.
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:53 PM

We were in MV last week and had a lovely dinner at the Square Rigger in Edgartown. It is a tiny bit out away from the town center but is on the shuttle line so it is easy to get there and back. We had a great broiled lobster dinner and we also loved the duck.
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 11:49 AM

My favorite in Edgartown is David Ryan's Cafe for pub food,homemade chips lively bar. Upstairs at Richelle's Place a more gourmet menu and martini bar.Located on 11 North Water St.,a great place to people watch.
Old Aug 12th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

Just reviewing my old posts and realizing that a family emergency of sorts upon my return prevented my reporting back to all of my kind Fodors' supporters. Our trip was May 4-7 and some shops and restaurants were yet to open up. We took advantage of very strange clearance sales from last year's merchandise up to 70% off (monella's in Edgartown) and certain places like Atria and Vineyard Vines not yet open. No problem for 2 girls thinking they are still 20 year old roomates and somewhere on the other side of 45!

Loved loved our crispy eggplant, lobster and creme brulee at Chesca's in Edgartown. Lunch at Among The Flowers in one of our traditions. Dinner at Lure was a bit overwhelming on big chunks of fish, but loved the soup, bread and dessert. Dry lunch at Black Dog Tavern still doesn't seem right (Tavern??) Glass of pre-dinner wine at Detente in Edgartown is hopping at their intimate bar. Fun, fun atmosphere, but limited menu in our minds at Alchemy.

All in all I love the Hob Knob Inn (my friend is a friend of owner Maggie) and love MV above all else and the best place for an easy girls weekend!