Reload this Page >

Restaurant Recommendations in Waikiki?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Michaelle

We will be traveling to Oahu next weekend and I would like suggestions for restaurants in the Waikiki area. I am looking for places with excellent food and service, ranging from inexpensive to expensive. We prefer international cuisine but am also open to Thai food. Thanks in advance!

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:57 AM
philip

For Thai, try Keo's which is in Waikiki on Kuhio Ave. It is well know spot for locals and tourists.

We've also been to Sam Choy's which is in Diamond Head. Very good food from a local celebrity chef.

You might also want to try Roy's. I haven't been to the oahu location but had a nice meal at the Kauai location.
28 Kuhio Ave., Honolulu,

For fun, although the food was actually better than I excpected, Benihana at the Hilton Hawaiian village can entertaining.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 09:07 AM
robsmom

We really loved the Orchid restaurant. It is in the Haleakela Hotel (I don't think I spelled that correctly). It is covered but open to the beach and pool. It is expensive and delicious.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Deb

Orchids is very good. Expensive, great food and service. It's in the Halekulani hotel and overlooks the water. Their other restaurant, House Without a Key, is great for evening cocktails with live music.

You must include a trip to Duke's Canoe Club. You can walk right in wearing your bathing suit and bare feet. The food is suprisingly good.

I've also hear that Keo's is good for Thai, but we didn't go there.

I know this isn't Waikiki, but we enjoyed Jameson's by the Sea in Haleiwa (North Shore). Get out of Waikiki and check it out!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Michaelle

Thanks for the great info! We already have made reservations at Orchids (we went there on our honeymoon over 10 years ago.)