Restaurant recomendation Chicago

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2019, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we will be in chicago next week and need some restaurant recommendations. We will be staying iin the Theatre District and will be attending a Cubs game so those two areas are important. We eat alltypes of food except Oriental.

Last edited by wanttogo; Sep 10th, 2019 at 05:55 PM.
Old Sep 10th, 2019, 07:02 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Truluck's
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Illinois.html
Old Sep 10th, 2019, 08:58 PM

My favorite restaurant in Chicago is Gibson's. It's a tradition steakhouse, but better than most. The deserts are huge and amazing, especially the ice cream pie. Be sure and make a reservation well in advance.
Old Sep 11th, 2019, 12:05 PM

Petterino's - Italian. This is right in the theatre district. I cannot remember the street right now. Handmade pasta. While we were not going to the theatre, it did seem like they were working with patrons that needed to get to the theatre at a certain time. I would make a reservation.

Volare - Italian. This is just east of Michigan Ave and north of the river. Illinois and St Clair. Just a short walk from the theatre district. More handmade pasta and traditional dishes. I always make a reservation.
Old Sep 11th, 2019, 05:12 PM

It’s been a few years, but my best meal was bavette’s. I’d seriously fly to Chicago just for that. I don’t know if I hit Gibson on an off night or something, but I wasn’t impressed.

i really liked Volare’s as well, but I don’t remember thinking “wow”. Good solid Italian though.
Old Sep 12th, 2019, 06:26 AM

Because you are in Chicago, I would encourage some deep dish pizza. I like Giordano's and Gino's East, but everyone has their favorites. Not sure there are outlets super close to your area,but surely you'll be up north at some point. Also, for the same rationale (and cheap), consider a chicago dog and/or italian beef sandwiches. There are a ton of places for each. To cater to a variety of interests, I think the French Market is cool. Had a good Italian beef there, but they have a number of food vendors.