Reload this Page >

Restaurant near Studio 54

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 10:33 AM
Jan

Taking friends to dinner and Cabaret, any suggestions for a restaurant near Studio 54 (pre show dinner)

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:52 AM
Ted

My wife & I did the same last week. I suggest RUBY FOO'S, 49th & Broadway. We're semi-regulars at the uptown location, and we were pleasantly surprised with this location. Very open and actually quiet compared to the uptown spot. Great food, of course. RUBY FOO'S does accept reservations, and it's a short walk to Studio 54 for Cabaret, which is excellent by the way.
Enjoy!

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:46 PM
Jan

Ted, thanks for the response. Ruby Foo's sounds great -- can I run some other options that I pulled from Zagat's - The Red Garlic - Russian Samovar, Shelly's, and Victor's Cafe. If it were just my husband and I, I would maybe opt for Aquavit but I don't want to rush - and I was recently disappointed with the New Russian Tea Room -- what do you think?

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:04 PM
Howard

IF you're looking for a good seafood restaurant in the area, try Redeye Grill at 56th Street & 7th Avenue.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:19 PM
carole

If you're looking for a lovely French restaurant, try Rene Pujol, 323 W 51st. (between 8th and 9th). It's 3 blocks from studio 54