Restaurant help for Charleston, SC this weekend

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be spending Sat & Sun (breakfast, lunch & dinner) in Charleston this weekend with my teenage daughter (she has simple tastes). Help me decide which restaurants to visit? We want to stay in the Battery, stay under $50 for dinner for 2. Here are some choices from research: Hominy Grill, Poogan's Porch, 39 Rue de Jean, SNOB, Coast, Boathouse, Blossom, Magnolia, Sticky Fingers, Charleston Crab House, FISH. Any suggestions for lunch near the Aquarium? Anything that is a must visit? Anything else you can suggestion? Thanks!
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 12:14 PM

I lived in on a very historic street in Charleston only a couple of years ago and if I were asked for restaurants from your list they would be:
Blossom or SNOB for lunch or dinner on East Bay
Magnolia for dinner on East Bay res suggested
On King Street there are a couple of good bakeries for a lite breakfast
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 12:53 PM

My husband loves ribs, I do not. We tried Sticky Fingers and both loved it.
The pecan pie for dessert was mighty good, too.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 01:25 PM

Generally, I would pick the more expensive restaurants for lunch; i.e. SNOB -- even my very finicky family members love it (and they won't eat anything odd). Hominy Grill -- definitely brunch on Sunday. Sticky Fingers is a local chain (TN, SC, maybe others), but same finicky kids enjoy it a lot. I've never been particularly impressed with Charleston Crab House. Poogan's Porch is a favorite of some members on this board, but I find them hot and cold -- your daughter might like it though. I've had good lunches at Blossom; again mixed reviews here. I don't think Riverside Grill is at the Acquarium any more; not sure what took its place. Can't help with the others, but I've heard good things about Boathouse.

B/
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 01:26 PM

My teen-agers - also with simple tastes - like Jestines, C'ston Crab House, and AW Shucks - all in the area and you should be able to meet your $$ limit. If she has a craving for pizza, Mellow Mushroom is over on King Street and catches College of Charleston action. The chicken fingers and the BBQ chicken at Sticky Fingers are also favorites. Have fun!
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! My daughter has an important question. We have visited Charleston a while ago and there used to be a candy store right near the market that made the most delicious pecan pralines. Does anyone know the name? Are they still there?? This is the first place she wants to go when we hit town. If I recall, they carried other kinds of candy too, but the pecan pralines smelled and tasted incredible. Anyone??