Reload this Page >

Resorts with Waterparks?

Search

Resorts with Waterparks?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 06:14 AM
cheri

Resorts with Waterparks?

Last year we stayed at Kingston Plantation in Myrtle Beach. Absolutely loved the resort, didn't love MB. The best thing about the resort was it's on site, mini waterpark. We had to drag the kids out of there at 6:00 every day when it closed. I would love to find another resort in other areas that have a fantastic pool/waterpark area. Does anyone know of any?

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 07:00 AM
Becca

Another area of the country that has waterparks is Wisconsin Dells. They have three major outdoor parks and then there are three hotels that have indoor waterparks. All of indoor ones are really new and look like a kid's dream to me.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 08:40 AM
Sandi

Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio has a waterpark that is adjacent to the park. Your kids would love it.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 09:02 AM
cheri

Thanks for the suggestions. I believe these places are waterparks though, not resorts with waterparks in them, which is what I'm looking for. At Kingston Plantation, I was able to sit by the pool, beach or restaurant without having to actually hang around an amusement park all day. I actually read 3 novels that week. I'd love to find other nice resorts with ON SITE waterparks, particularly in an area which in and of itself might be a destination. Does this exist?

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 09:47 AM
jeannine

The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak in Phoenix has a type of waterpark---a lazy river tube ride and a pretty high waterslide, also mini golf on site.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 10:07 AM
cheri

Jeanine, I just checked out their website (Pointe Hilton) and it looks exactly like what I'm looking for, thanks for the tip. One question though, any idea of weather there in mid March?

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 12:38 PM
karen

Cheri: Hilton Pointe is beautiful indeed. My brother-in-law got married there. However, March is iffy weather- wise. Not to say it's not beautiful walking weather but it might not be swimming weather. We go every year to Scottsdale during our kids' spring break and this year (2nd week of April)it was only in the 70s daily. Of course this did not stop the kids from swimming every day and having a heated pool certainly made it possible. However, the week after we left, the temps were back into the 90s.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 12:47 PM
Sandi

Actually, Cedar Point has a wonderful resort Hotel on the premises called the Breakers with a nice beach. Check out the website, www.cedarpoint.com.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 01:12 PM
Amy

I don't know where you are coming from or how much you would like to spend but Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas is developed around a water park with approx 10 different slides. Grand Wailea in Maui also has an impressive water park at the resort. In the Dells there are a number of resorts with water parks - the Kalahari and Blackwolf Lodge off the top of my head but in March you would definitely be on the inside portion of the parks. As for Scottsdale/Phoenix it is iffy. Last year in March it didn't get above low 70's and the year before it was in the 80's. We ususally stay at the Hyatt Gainey Ranch which has an impressive water slide with many different pools but no lazy river. Hope this helps.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 08:33 PM
anna

Treasure Island in Wisconsin Dells bills itself as "America's Largest Waterpark Resort" The Hotel, which has everything from standard double rooms to two-room Suites that will sleep 6-8 people, is connected by catwalk to the Bay of Dreams, America's Largest Indoor Waterpark. It is huge and way cool. Phone 1-800-800-4997. Website www.WisDellsTreasureIsland.com. Check it out. Black Wolf Lodge's indoor water park is right inside the hotel and is pretty cool also. Chula Vista has a smaller waterpark inside the hotel with a very cool 40-foot-long hot tub for the parents.