Reload this Page >

Repetitive Questions

Search

Repetitive Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2001, 12:51 PM
AHHH

Repetitive Questions

Does anyone else notice the same questions are continually asked? I ALWAYS do a search for a particular topic before I post a question. I have planned almost an entire trip based on previous threads with no need to ask again. How many times can I read the same question and same answers about where to eat/stay in major cities?! Granted, everyone has a right to ask about their personal plans, but the same restaurants/hotels are mentioned countless times! ugh. Sorry, had to vent.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 12:57 PM
xxx

On the other hand: One of the reasons I like this forum is because there are so many postings everyday. If the repetitive questions were all eliminated, there wouldn't be as many postings.

And while those repetitive questions often solicit repetitive answers, they also bring new answers and ideas from people who weren't around when the question was originally posed.

But I understand your point of view, Ahhh.

Old May 25th, 2001, 11:24 AM
ohhh

. . .and believe it or not, there are people using he internet to gather travel tidbits for the very first time. They don't realize there's easier routes to find info, but they will in time. Have patience with the less informed AHHH.

Old May 25th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Annoyance

Does anyone else notice the same questions are continually asked? Does anyone else notice the same questions are continually asked? Does anyone else notice the same questions are continually asked? Does anyone else notice the same questions are continually asked? Does anyone else notice the same questions are continually asked? Does anyone else notice the same questions are continually asked? Does anyone else notice the same questions are continually asked? Does anyone else notice the same questions are continually asked?

Old May 25th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Sue

Also the search function is not very efficient. I've never been able to use it and get anything without waiting forever and ever. I'm not that patient.

Old May 25th, 2001, 12:56 PM
einstein

Were you born with a sliver spoon in your mouth? Not all people have your sense of superiority. I thought the idea of a forum was to share ideas. If you can't be kind enough to offer advice than just skip the questions you already know the answers to. Since you already know all the answers you won't need to hang around anymore.

Old May 25th, 2001, 01:05 PM
lucy

I just came to this web site to get some information for a trip for this summer. I will ask some questions, look up some things but I don't stay around and check it every day for months. I think people use these boards different, some are junkies and some are occasional users. Just because you're a junkie please don't give us people grief who just need occasional information

Old May 25th, 2001, 07:25 PM
xx

I`ll admit it:I`M HOOKED oN FODORS!!!!!!!my family has tried to STOP me and can`t!!!!!....I`m serious....everyone said stop it already....we`re sick of going to see all these places you find on Fodors......but I love it...do they have FODORS ANONymous ?????...I could go......

Old May 25th, 2001, 10:56 PM
sue

also -new information is helpful--
things do change ya know--