Reload this Page >

Renting a car in Atlanta

Search

Renting a car in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 06:26 AM
Amita

Renting a car in Atlanta

Hi, I have a reservation to rent a car from Dollar Rent a Car at the Atlanta airport. I was wondering if anyone has had any positive or negative experiences with them, or if anyone could recommend a particularly good car rental place at the airport. I got a great rate with Dollar but I'd be willing to pay more for another agency if it would save me some headaches. Thanks in advance.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 07:51 PM
tembody

I'm not sure if they have an airport location, but we've always had good luck with Enterprise.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 02:58 AM
kate

Dollar is as good as the rest, but with all rental car companies at Hartsfield, you will need to take a shuttle to get to the pickup location.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 03:07 AM
lee

What rate did you get? I am going in May and decided to take the Marta and then rent from the hotel area. I got a $9.99 rate and 50 free miles a day from Enterprise.

Old May 7th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Amita

Thanks for the info, Kate. Lee, we got $31.99/day w/unlimited mileage. That's a great rate you got from Enterprise, but our hotel is a bit out of the way in Buckhead and I don't think there's a Marta station nearby.

Old May 7th, 2001, 12:53 PM
RB

There is a MARTA train station in Buckhead. Call your motel and see how close it is to the station. Cabs are usually available at the stations. Check the MARTA website for train locations:
www.itsmarta.com
The MARTA train is a good way to get around Atlanta. If the stations are close to your activities, you might be able to do without a car rental.

Old May 7th, 2001, 02:48 PM
Don

Atlanta's MARTA is soooo easy. $1.75 to enter and ride anywhere MARTA trains go--what a deal! The system is simple and easy to navigate... so I second the vote for MARTA!

Old May 9th, 2001, 07:23 AM
Amita

Hehe...turns out there's an Enterprise 1/4 mile from our hotel, so my cousin is picking us up from the airport and we'll get the car afterwards. We might take MARTA to the airport on Monday. We got $21 a day instead of $9.99, but it's still a much better deal than we got from Dollar. Thanks for the tip!