rent a car without credit car

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 10:58 PM
Edgar Guzman

rent a car without credit car

my girlfriend and i (21 and 22 age old) are going to orlando from april 15 to april 17 and want to rent a car but we dont have a credit card, so anybady know which is the best company for this situation (cash or debit/check card, underage fee)......

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:32 AM
Statia

Don't know if you're going to have much luck.

Most major rental companies will not allow you to rent under the age of 25. In addition, most companies will not rent to people w/o a credit card because they have no way of covering the charges if you were to severely damage or never bring the car back.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:50 AM
Lynn

Edgar, Statia is exactly right--you're going to have to find other transportation. I used to work for National Car Rental, and there's no way they would rent a car to someone so young who does not have a credit card. Sorry!

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:13 AM
Christina

The only thing I can think of is if you are in a smalle town, to try some local garage or used car dealer who might let you rent a car if you prepay. Also, in a small town, they know you or your family and thus might be less worried you'll skip. I did that when I was in college. That was many years ago, however, and they might be more rigid about such things nowadays -- in particular, the fact that you have no car and no credit card means you have no car insurance of any kind.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:16 AM
bert

With a credit card, you might have luck with one of the smaller companies. Without a credit card, you might have hard time finding one willing to rent you a car.

You might want to find a hotel that runs its own shuttles to and from Disney, etc.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:19 AM
You're

Sorry, edgar, but you are pretty much SOL on this. Renting without a credit card is possible but usually requires a quite hefty cash deposit. The bigger problem is your age - many of the companies just don't rent to folks under 25.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:25 AM
x

Here is a link to a company in Florida that will rent a car to a 25 year old, without a credit card

http://www.rentautos.aztecaonline.net/index.htm

You need to have a car at home and bring proof of insurance. If there is a problem, they go against your regular insurance policy. It would not expect the rental to be cheap, but it is an option. Good luck.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:36 AM
Raven

Car company policies differ by state, but try Dollar. They will usually accept a debit card and in some cases cash. They will also rent (in some states) to drivers under 25, charging an under age fee, which also varies by state. If you have a BJ's Wholesaler club card, they will wave the under age fee and allow you to apply discount and upgrade coupons. If you don't have a BJ's membership, it's $40 a year for 2 people, so it pays for it's self in 2-3 days of renting a car. Give Dollar a call and question out for the area you will be renting. They rented me a really nice convertible on a debit card in Vegas when I was 21, so I've been a faithful patron ever since. Just pay for insurance to play it safe. I've heard a lot of these car companies have started installing tracking devices in the cars, so I don't think you skipping town is really an issue to them unless you show up looking like a really shady character. ;-) You'll get one, just call around.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:42 AM
Edgar Guzman

well Thanks to everybody for your answers, i think i found a company which acceept cash or check card and the fee for peple under 25 is just $10, its name is EZ rent a car. have anyone heard about this company?