Reload this Page >

Renossance Hotel in Maui

Search

Renossance Hotel in Maui

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 04:41 AM
kim

Renossance Hotel in Maui

Has anyone recently stayed here? I've heard the pool is rather small for a hotel its size. Is there enough going on for kids to be entertained at this resort?

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 12:44 PM
Kara

We stayed there on the Entertainment rate for three days the first week of June and then moved to the Grand Wailea for three days. The Rennaisance has beautiful grounds and great restaurants. I did think that the pool was too small and with kids that's a pretty big deal. If you can swing the much larger expense I would spend a few nights there and then move over to the Grand Wailea! Your kids will absolutely love it!

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 02:12 AM
c

The Renaissance is situated by one of the best beaches in Maui. Also has a great luau.

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 08:51 AM
milos

Just returned from the Renaissance and I cannot say enough great things. Fabulous rooms, service, location, beach. Yes, the pool was a bit small, but who cares, the ocean is just too good to be true! We went kayaking and saw dolphins and sea turles. the beaches are spotless, uncrowded, and water is calm. get the entertainment card for the best rates.
aloha!

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 06:38 AM
lil

hi, going to stay at the renaissance in july. is there still construction close by... should i request a room away from the noise?? thanks,lil

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Sheila

Hi Kim,
My husband and I just returned from Maui. We stayed at the Grand Wailea but drove to the Renissance to check it out. The pool was terrible. Not only was it very small but the water was so cloudy you couldn't see the bottom. I was very glad we did not stay there! The grounds however were very pretty. I did not see the rooms so cannot comment on them. If the pool is important I would not stay there. The Grand Wailea or the Kea Lani in my opinion have the nicest pool area. Good luck!

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 10:41 AM
dave

I just returned from Maui today. We stayed at the Renaissance and I would say that it is great for couples looking for a quiet get-a-way. I don't think it would be great for kids if you plan to spend a lot of time at the hotel. the pool is small but very clean as is the rest of the hotel. The grounds are beautiful and the hotel is very elegant. After visiting the Grand Wailea, I would recommend it if you can put up with a very chaotic environment. It is sort of like going to a water park and Disney World. There are tons of people crammed together beach chair to beach chair. It would be fun for the children but certainly not relaxing for the adults. Spending a few nights at each hotel would probably be ideal.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 04:14 PM
jw

Watch out for the construction at the Renaissance. We requested to be away from the construction and when we arrived they had placed us on the construction side. Not exactly the view you want from your lanai. They switched us and were very accommodating. Great grounds, small pool yes, but a nice relaxing atmosphere compared to some of the larger places down the way. We loved it.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 08:30 PM
kim

Well I'm at the Renossance right now and it is great. My kids love it. We have walked by The Grand Wailea and I have to say it would have been way to chaotic for us. This hotel has beautiful grounds and service. We couldn't be happier.

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 11:10 AM
aaa

What are the details on the construction? Is it on site or just next door? What is this "Entertainment" Rate or Card that folks are talking about? How do you get it?

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 07:29 AM
jl

The Entertainment book/Entertainment card/E-book/E-card that people have mentioned is a coupon/discount book sold at www.entertainment.com for a small amount of money ($24.95 including shipping when I bought mine a few months ago). You choose a place (in this case Hawaii) and order the book. When it arrives there's a plastic wallet card that you show the merchant to get the discounts indicated in the book. Often there is a paper coupon that you must pull out of the book and use along with showing your card. There are many restaurant and hotel discounts which can make the book well worth the money. Many of the hotel discounts are 50% off rack rates.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 07:32 AM
jl

One more thing...the books are called "Entertainment 2000", "Entertainment 2001", etc. However, they are not good for the calendar year (Jan-Dec) but for a fiscal year; I think it was Nov to Nov but I'd have to look at it again to be sure. When you order I would suggest doing it over the phone so that you can confirm with a human that you are buying a book that will be valid for your travel dates.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 07:37 AM
xx

No "o" in Renaissance! If you're staying there, take a look at the matchbooks or in-room notepads!