Reload this Page >

Renaissance Waileahelp!

Search

Renaissance Waileahelp!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 09:56 AM
Kelle

Renaissance Waileahelp!

I am booked to stay at the Renaissance Wailea in March. I understand there is heavy residential construction going on next to lot of hotel. Is this going to be a big hassle! Help -- I need advice

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 03:02 PM
Susie

My parents just came back (New Years Eve week) and hated their experience there. The noise and dust was overwhelming. I do not know when it should be finished, however, so you may be okay in March.

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 04:34 PM
Joy

Kelle - I am sure that you will have no problem at all staying at the Rennaissance. You should, of course, check the location of your room. We returned from there Dec. 17. We had a room in the Makai wing, facing the ocean. We did not hear a sound. I cannot imagine how anyone would have to suffer from "noise & dust". It seems completely unbelievable to me. The Rennaissance is a wonderful hotel - you will love it.

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 04:54 PM
Jim

I was booked at this hotel for March as well. I changed my reservation to another property last week when I couldn't get straight answers by calling the hotel directly. One person told me "what construction?" while another said "yes, it can be distracting." What gives? Susie's folks had a bad time yet Joy came back totally happy? Weird.

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 07:06 PM
kelle

Thanks for your replys! Would love to hear more opinions but I do have a room on hold at the Kea Lani just in case. Sounds like a risk I don't want to encounter. My travel company actually has taken the Renaissance of their booking list until the construction is over. That was another indication to me that things must not be as "relaxing and pleasant as they should be." I really appreciate all the comments! Thank you!

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 04:46 AM
Tom

Kelle --

If you can afford Kea Lani, then stay there...even without the construction at the Renaissance, KL is a far superior hotel. T

he Renaissance (without constuction) is a beautiful property but is not in the top 3 in Wailea...KL is and will not disappoint!

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 04:39 PM
Joy

About construction near the Rennaissance - The wing that we stayed in was TOTALLY noise-free. Perhaps there are rooms that do not have this luxury. It's hardly weird! You just have to know the location of the room before you register. When we were there, there were many, very happy guests. Check it out.