Reload this Page >

Renaissance or Four Seasons

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2000, 10:12 AM
jane

I am going on my honeymoon next year - March 2001. I have reservations at both the Four Seasons and the Renaissance?
Any advice on which one to pick? I understand that there is major construction next to the Renaissance. Please advise.

Old Dec 19th, 2000, 10:15 AM
harvey

Jane...
Perhaps you should state where you're going. There is more than one Four Seasons hotel. The location may play a role in folks responses.

Old Dec 19th, 2000, 10:17 AM
Jane

Sorry - I forgot to mention the location. I'm going to Maui, HI. The hotels are in Wailea.

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 07:36 PM
Kelle

HI---- I have the exact concerns you do! We will be there in mid-March. Didn't know about the Renaissance construction thing until after we booked. Would love to stay at the Four Seasons instead and we are on a wait list right now. When will you be there? If you hear any opinions please pass along! Thanks

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 05:09 AM
annemarie

The Four Seasons is a far superior property but they are both lovely hotels in a lovely area. I guess it depends on your pocketbook. You probably already know that the rate at the Four Seasons includes more than the usually if you have read previous postings. To bring down the price you could do gardenview at the FS...rooms are exactly the same.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 10:08 AM
Sari

In the same price range as the Four Seaons is the Grand Wailea which is the most beautiful by far.
Or, in the Kaanapali area, the Hyatt Regency is beautiful as well. I just returned and have been at many of the hotels. These 2 are on the top of the list - by a long shot!

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 11:22 PM
Tim

Sari, how you could possibly have the GALL to place the Hyatt Regency above the Four Seasons, Kea Lani and the gorgeous Ritz-Carlton is beyond me!!! I think you need a REALITY check!!!

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 02:00 PM
ls

do you know when the construction will take place at the renaissance in maui... will be there in july 2001

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 02:58 PM
OliveOil

DOWN Tim DOWN. SIT. GOOD BOY. Now, take another look. Poor Sari didn't do that, she merely suggested another hotel that also happens to be quite nice, but in another area of the island.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 03:13 PM
c

I had my travel agent call all the hotel and the tour companies regarding the Renaissance. Apparently there was some dynamiting going on at the Outrigger construction a few weeks ago. They were putting in utilities. She was told no more dynamiting would happen.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 03:49 AM
Tim

Note to Olive Oil IDIOT: I suggest that YOU read the response again! Her last sentence says, "These two are at the top of the list," without even mentioning the Ritz in Kapalua! I stand by my response!

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 03:51 AM
Tim

Note to Olive Oil IDIOT: I suggest that YOU read the response again! Her last sentence says, "These two are at the top of the list," without even mentioning the Ritz in Kapalua! I stand by my response!

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 10:41 AM
xxx

My husband and I took our honeymoon last August and stayed at the Kea Lani. Unlike you - the debate surrounded whether we should go to the Four Seasons, or Kea Lani (both comparable resorts). We were delighted with our choice in the Kea Lani. We took a walk through the Four Seasons, and didn't think the grounds were nearly as nice, plus, the suites were wonderful - especially when staying for 11 days. Hope this helps - but if I were to ever return, it would definitely be Kea Lani.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 04:25 AM
Sari

Tom-
The Four Seasons does not blend into the island as do some of their other resort. The Grand Wailea does and soes so grandly. Also, the Four Season has a mob scene at the pool. Try getting a chair!
They Ritz is not on the water and does need a facelift. It is priced below the other hotels - for good reason.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 04:30 AM
Sari

Tom /Tim:
I got your name wrong. Doesn't matter. Do you or your daddy own stock in the hotel group that owns the Ritz? Sorry.
That would explain your attitude. You have an interesting view of the world "My opinion is the only opinion that is important". Wake up and smell the Kona coffee. You get the idea, don't you. Or, don't you? Tsk Tsk

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 09:17 PM
Tim

Dear Sari: DROP DEAD!!!

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 03:07 PM
Sari

Hey Dumbo Timbo,
Your attitude is exactly why the staff at the Hyatt wasn't helpful to you. It's no wonder you don't give your email address.

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 05:26 AM
anothermom

Ooooh Timmy, I hope Mommy and Daddy are keeping all sharp objects out of your reach. Such an angry little boy!

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Joyce

In my opinion, I wouldn't even list the Ritz as my top choice. I originally booked the Ritz-Carlton for my honeymoon back in September, and when we arrived, they put us in a twin double-bed room because of overbooking. Then, to top it off, our room was infested with ants!! The bell boy also confided to us that they have had this problem repeatedly!! We immediately checked out, and transferred to the Renaissance. The Renaissance excelled far above the Ritz; it fit very well with the Hawaiian atmosphere and the suites were much more airy and spacious compared to the rooms at the Ritz!! In my opinion, Ritz-Carlton's conservative, European ambience seems so out of place in the tropical and casual setting of Hawaii!!