Search

relocation to suburbs of Jacksonville!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
relocation to suburbs of Jacksonville!

HI!
Our family is considering a relocation to the Jacksonville area. We are looking for any info anyone may have out there. We are looking for a Family Friendly neighborhood, community pool etc, excellent schools,etc...we are a caucasion family of 4, 2 small girls, one in elementary school. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? advice? My husband will be working out of our home but traveling to jacksonville on a regular basis...Thanks !!!!!
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 10:22 AM

I don't live there, but have been there a number of times, and although it might be pricey, check out Ponte Vedra.

Old Sep 9th, 2005, 02:40 PM

Florida schools are graded according to how they test on FCAT. I would think this would be a good barometer for the schools.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 07:31 PM

Hi
We just moved away from Jacksonville.
We lived in Mandarin. The schools there seem to be the best in the area..we have no school age children so it was not our first priority.
We were in a private community.. There are community pools and many homes have pools.
The nicest neighborhoods in my opinion are Avondale (old beautiful homes) San Marco ( old beautiful homes ) and Mandarin.
Ponte Vedra is lovely but full of retirement communities and country club communities so you have a mix of super rich retirees and the regular working class who cannot get to the beach for the mansions. But I avoid houses on beaches because of the obviious ( hurricanes) although they told us before we moved there that Jax rarely takes a direct hit from any hurricanes..
You can get a lot of house for your money in Jax, good luck and have a good time looking.
Email me at [email protected] and I can give you a realtors name. He helped us find our house and sell it and we were absolutely happy with him.
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 08:08 AM

Hi Jbmatthews,

I understand your post was made back in September and I'm not sure if you already moved to a new place, but I figured I'd suggest taking a look at a great condo I'm trying to sell as of a week ago. It's in historic St. Augustine in north Florida with great schools right down the street. Feel free to check it out online at:
http://realestate.yahoo.com/Homes_fo...&submit=Search

Good luck with your search and feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions about the condo or Florida in general. Thanks!

Josh