Reload this Page >

recommended wine tours in napa or sonoma valley

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2001, 04:28 AM
Linda

My mother-in-law and I will be traveling to San Francisco next week for a few days and would like to get a taste of wine country. Could anyone recommend a good wine tour company for either Napa or Sonoma Valley? Thanks!

Old May 8th, 2001, 07:25 AM
mmm

Mondavi does a nice wine tour, as does Beringer Winery. Just make sure to get to these wineries early enough to get signed up for the tours. They book up quickly.

Old May 8th, 2001, 12:16 PM
kam

Are you looking for a tour to take you up to the wine country or a winery tour once you get there? If the former, Grayline goes as well as other smaller limo services. Try looking at sfgate.com

Old May 8th, 2001, 03:16 PM
Laurie

One of the best tours we went on was at Schramsberg winery. It's the only champagne house that still hand turns or "riddles" all the bottles. Every other major producer using machines. Interesting and very informative on how champagne is made and the tasting was wonderful. Book early, they only allow a select number to walk through daily. We had our honeymoon there for a week, and toured a bunch of different wineries. Another interesting one is the Coppola/ Neibaum winery- beautiful grounds for a picnic and neat movie memorabilia from the Francis Ford Coppola films (Godfather, etc.) Feel free to email me if you'd like anymore specifics.

Old May 10th, 2001, 03:28 PM
laura

Kendall-Jackson in Sonoma is lovely. They offer a wine tasting calling it a seminar that's interesting and informative. The setting is gorgeous, and there is a garden tour as well. Enjoy!!

Old May 10th, 2001, 04:32 PM
Karen

Don't know of any wine tours, but if you're coming, don't miss V. Sattui - great wines you can't get at the store with a lovely cellar tasting room and outside picnic area. Food too.