Recommendations on Day Spas in Maui?

Old May 18th, 1999, 07:52 PM
Nancee

Recommendations on Day Spas in Maui?

Anyone have any recommendations on Day Spas in Maui? My boyfriend and I love getting massages / bodywraps / skin treatments, etc.

Old May 19th, 1999, 08:12 AM
Julie

I went to the spa at the Grand Wailea and would highly recommend it. It is kind of pricey, but definately worth it! If you are looking for a good massage, ask for Felicia, she does a great job!

Old May 19th, 1999, 03:52 PM
Amy

My family will be in Maui in Sept. I've never had a professional massage. How much would I expect to pay? Is it worth the money? Can you get a massage from a resort if you're not staying there? Any help appreciated.

Old May 20th, 1999, 07:57 AM
David

I second the Grand Wailea! Check it out at www.grandwailea.com.

Old May 20th, 1999, 11:33 AM
Dick

You are getting great advice. My wife and I have been to a number of day spas and nothing comes close to the Grand Wailea. Allow plenty of time...the surroundings and experience are decadent.

Old May 21st, 1999, 09:30 AM
Tammy

The Grand Wailea's Spa Grande is #1 in the US. It was the nicest spa I've ever been to but if you are not staying at the Grand there is an additional $30 service fee. The prices have just gone up too, a 1/2 hr. massage now costs like $100, but you must remember that for the experience of going to such a nice spa it may be worth it, plus you're not only getting the massage, all of their services come with what they call Terme a 1hr service which is really what makes the Spa so nice. If you decide just to get a plain massage somewhere else the Kea Lani was more affordable $100 for 1 hour, but you can get that anywhere in the world, so why not go for the Spa Grande.

Old May 24th, 1999, 08:05 AM
Julie

For a package at the Grand Wailea I paid $240 and it was worth every penny! I stayed next door and the Four Seasons and because I bought a package, I didn't have to pay extra for the treatments. I believe they do charge you extra if you are not a guest and do not book a package.

Old May 24th, 1999, 08:34 AM
Jen

Does anyone know if the Four Seasons has a spa?

Old May 25th, 1999, 08:39 AM
Lydia

In regard to the Grand Wailea Spa...has anyone been? Can you recommend any certain treatments?

Old May 25th, 1999, 09:11 AM
Dick

My wife and I have been and it was fabulous!

We both had facials and then went into a relaxation room to wait for our masseuse to get us for our massages.
The week before we were there my therapist had given facials to Sylvester Stallone and Sugar Ray Leonard.

Check their website
http://www.grandwailea.com/spa/spa1.html

The idea is to get there an hour early to enjoy the Terme Wailea circuit.

As I recall, there is an extra charge for non hotel guests...BUT it is waived if you get any treatments at the spa,

Reserve early...as this is alway listed as one of the best in the world.

Enjoy

Old May 28th, 1999, 07:58 AM
Julie

No, the Four Seasons doesn't have a "spa", but they do have massages, facials, and a steam room. I stayed at the Four Seasons but went to the spa at the Grand Wailea. It was incredible!! I highly recommend it.