Recommendations for B&B in Napa Valley

Old Mar 5th, 1998, 01:21 PM
Dee

Recommendations for B&B in Napa Valley

We are planning a honeymoon trip to Napa Valley in mid May 1998 and want to spend a couple of days there. Does anyone have any recommendations on a romantic B&B or small inn?

Old Mar 5th, 1998, 03:41 PM
Kat

At the top of the "most romantic" list of inns in the Napa Valley is: AUBERGE DU SOLEIL in Rutherford. Perfect place for a honeymoon!

Old Mar 7th, 1998, 04:31 PM
Dick Hardy

Check out La Residence in Napa. It's a small contry inn and really nice. We stayed there a couple of years ago and were very impressed. By the way - congratulations!

Old Mar 16th, 1998, 08:09 AM
Judi

I went to Napa for a 3-day stay with husband & friends last May. I researched the B&B issue extensively, and still didn't make a choice I was thrilled with! There is a great website - try

www.napavalley.com/napavalley/lodging/opinions
There are lots of recommendations about
accomodations,and you can also access opinions about restaurants & wineries. If I were going again, and if cost were no consideration, I'd look at Auberge du Soleil & Oak Knoll Inn. We stayed at Country Garden Inn, which I can't recommend because the rooms are kind of kitschy & in need of redecoration. Foothill House receives raves everywhere, although they have only 4 rooms & are in Calistoga, which wouldn't be my first choice. You'll have a great time no matter what. Two great restaurants to consider are Terra in St. Helena (the sea bass is a must) and Mustards.

Old Mar 17th, 1998, 06:18 AM
sandy

We stayed at the Quail Mountain Inn near Calistoga. It was lovely, with a pool and gardens. The room was beautiful, had its own private entrance and a little porch, and the proprietor had thought of everything in terms of amenities. They served wine and cheese in the late afternoon, a kind of social hour, and we met some wonderful people. Breakfast was a feast. Calistoga is just down the road. There are some terrific restaurants there, and it's fun to walk around in town, although it is very small.