Reload this Page >

Recommend hotel in Jackson, MS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 01:37 PM
jude

Does anyone know of a really nice place to stay in Jackson, Mississippi? Thank you in advance for your help.

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 01:44 PM
Meg

Jude - there is a nice B&B in the downtown area called The Bouie House. It was used to film one of the Grisham movies - the one with Faye Dunaway and Chris O'Donnell - I'm drawing a blank on the name of it. If you want a more traditional hotel, there's the Edison Walthall downtown but it's not what I'd call "really nice". There's also a somewhat new Hilton (I think it's a Hilton) just off I-55 at Countyline Road. It used to be a Ramada Plaza but changed hands and was totally renovated a few years ago. These choices are about as upscale as things get in Jackson. Let me know if you need more info.

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 01:47 PM
jude

Thanks, Meg.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Rob

We went to Jackson for the Majesty of Spain Exhibit....WONDERFUL! We stayed at the Edison-Walthall Hotel...1 block from the Museum...I was expecting a Grand Old Hotel with charm and individuality....Got a "Ramada" experience....the "Presidential Suite" is a joke! We ate a the new "hot" restaurant in town...Schimmels....what a DUMP! We waited 1 hour & 10 minutes for a table...we were told it would probably take 45 minutes....the BLT salad was EXCELLENT with blue cheese, bacon and ice cold, iceberg lettuce and chopped tomatoes....everything else was awful...over cooked my filet...UNFORGIVABLE for a steak house...had to ask for our drinks TWICE, had to ask for bread....I'll never go back! I guess we're spoiled here in New Orleans...it's good to be home!

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Meg

Rob - thanks for the report on Schimmels. Before moving to N.O. we lived in Jackson. I've heard from so many friends that we just HAD to come up to eat there. I told them that no matter how good it is, they must be forgetting that we live in New Orleans - where absolutely everything revolves around where to drink and where to eat. But, anyway - thanks for your view on the place. If you ever get back to Jackson, go to Shapley's for the BEST steak - it's just off County Line Road in NE Jackson.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 05:31 AM
Rob

Thanks for the tip....it was recommended too. I will definitely go back to Jackson...the museum was terriffic!
Rob

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 06:30 PM
TiGuy

Sorry someone chose the Edison Walthall, I never could who stayed there. Its ok for a quick drink if your downtown, but thats it. There is a Crown Plaza downtown, and the Hilton that someone mentioned. The B&B is the Milsaps-Bouie House. And there is also the Old Capitol Inn.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 10:20 AM
Lisa

The Hilton on County Line Road is the most up to date, business type hotel. Nice facilities, good location. I second the Shapley's for steak, you'll need reservations usually. Nicks is also nice as well as Bravo or Amerigo's for Italian.