Reload this Page >

Recently returned from Las Vegas! What a change

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 1999, 02:27 PM
alan

We returned from Las Vegas last week. Haven';t been there for 5 or 6 yrs. Had been going to Biloxi instead. We were totally amazed at the change in LV. The new hotels are immense structures. The neon is gone except at the older hotels and the new ones seemed enormous. We stayed at the Riviera, which we enjoyed both for the feel of older LV and the price. Had been to Luxor last time. The lunch buffet at the Bellagio is the best we have had in LV or most anywhere. The quantity and quality of the food is impressive and worth the $12.95 price. We also had supper one night in Paris and was pleasantly surprised. It is also one of the few hotels that have a coffee house with excellant pastry readily available. It is just off the casine floor but is was fairly quiet excellent french coffee. The restaurant had very good food and yes French style. On the negative side of LV why don't they stop the distribution of these sex booklets on the stree, where they stick it in your face. Very offensive, not even for the material but haveing it put in my face.. The size of the hotels is also overwhelming and dehumanizing in scale. It was a good time but I don't think I'll be back for a while.

Old Dec 23rd, 1999, 11:58 PM
Bob

Guess what, Alan? If it weren't for all the new, BEAUTIFUL hotels being built recently, I would NOT be going to Vegas at all, as many others probably would not be! And just ask the Chamber of Commerce how they appreciate the influx of millions of new visitors since the construction of these hotels began! So do us all a big favor and STAY AWAY -- PERMANENTLY, too, if it bothers your psyche so much!!!

Old Dec 24th, 1999, 06:57 AM
BobCratchit

Stressful holiday weekend, Bob?

Old Dec 24th, 1999, 08:11 PM
alan

Hey Bob! Just to let you know that visitors to LV have been flat the past couple of years. The family holiday idea is over and they want gamblers. I didn't say I didn't like it quite the opposite except for the immense size of the hotels. Were tou every there years ago when the hotels were neon it had a tackey quality missing now. Maybe you like all the sex phamphlets shoved in your face, I don't. Keep them on the racks and out of my face. alan

Old Dec 26th, 1999, 05:04 PM
lynn

Alan -

If you don't like the strip you should have seen downtown!

Myself, I've been going to Las Vegas several times a year for over 10 years. I don't really mind, and usually like, most of what they are doing. However, Freemont Street Experience is not one of them.

Next time you go back, check it out!