Really excellent burger in Downtown Denver?

Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really excellent burger in Downtown Denver?

I need a great sit down burger place in downtown Denver.
I also need another great burger place between the Tech Center and downtown. I could go to the Cherry Creek area, too.
Any ideas?
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 01:04 PM

Best place in Cherry Creek is the Cherry Cricket - excellent "dive" bar atmosphere, outstanding burgers which you customize with all manner of toppings. www.cherrycricket.com

Not quite sure where you're looking for "in between downtown and Tech Center." Off I-25? It's not that far a drive between the two.
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 01:10 PM

Found this for you:

http://cityguide.aol.com/denver/bestburgers

Rodney's is in Cherry Creek as well - I love that place, but hadn't eaten a burger there. It's a subterranean bar/restaurant, with an ecletic mix of customers. Atmosphere galore!

Actually, #7, Reiver's, IS right between Tech Center and downtown, not too far off I-25! I've also not had a burger there, but it's a great place too.

I think you'll burger well in Denver!
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

I am just going to be all over that side of town one day. It does not need to be in the Tech Center, or Downtown or Cherry Creek, just somewhere in that general area.
I ate at this place near the tech center call J Alexander's, I think...
Do they have good burgers?
I remember the guacamole was really good.
I'll be going around 8pm next Tuesday night with a few other people.

The downtown request is for Monday night. I am staying at the Curtis and need to find a place within walking distance that is not too expensive. We will be working during the meal, so it can't be too rowdy.
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
MaureenB

Try the Chophouse in LoDo. It's great for anything.
>-

Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Oh, excellent info! Thanks!
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 03:03 PM
MaureenB

The Chophouse bar can be loud, but I don't think the restaurant tables would be too loud for business conversation. It's not cheap, though, especially if someone wants more than a burger! Check it out on-line. It's a chain, but the Denver location is a really cool old historic beautiful brick building. Very Denver.

P.S. Why burgers? Because Denver has really great Mexican restaurants. And Mexican food is usually so reasonably priced.

Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Mexican might work for the Monday (downtown) meal, but not the Tuesday meal.
I am one of the best Mexican cooks I know and we rarely ever eat Mexican or TexMex out.
OTOH, I make an awful burger. It's a treat to find a really good one.
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 03:23 PM

Not a burger, but incredible "gourmet" grilled cheese sandwiches & soups:

www.chedds.com

Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 07:02 PM

Gekko, I have to be a naysayer when it comes to Chedds. I worked near the original one at 19th & Pearl and it was one of the only casual restaurants near my office, which meant I kept going back despite my misgivings. I had very mediocre to awful sandwiches from there, overpriced to boot. When they were busy, they put not enough filling in the sandwich slapped a little "butter" substance on the bread and grilled it, leaving the bread dry and often without filling to mitigate the taste. You also had to wait 20-30 minutes for a simple order. I think they're a victim of their initial success. I won't return.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 06:44 AM
MaureenB

What about a bison burger? You could go to Ted's (Turner's) on Larimer Square downtown. I'm not sure I'd classify it as a really GREAT burger, but it's good,it's unique and maybe more a Denver thing to eat.
>-

Old Oct 6th, 2007, 03:08 PM

I had a burger last Monday night at Reivers, nothing to get excited about. The service was not the best but it was the night of the Rockies vs. Padres game. (Go Rockies!).I just looked on the Westword website,a local city paper that does a "Best of" edition every year. The best hamburger for the last 2 years was at Bud's Bar in Sedalia, a bit out of your way. Would be a nice drive though, probably not too quiet. The "Reader's Choice" was CityGrille downtown. Looked at their website & there is one also on South Yosemite. Have a great trip, Betsy