Reload this Page >

really cheap flights

Search

really cheap flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 11:25 AM
soph

really cheap flights

we are a family of 5 (4 adults and 1 child) because of it being a long haul flight we are after anyone over 12 is considered an adult so it is costly! does anyone know of any websites where we can find really really really cheap flights from london uk to florida? thanx!

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Thosewere

Not sure, but I suspect really, really cheap flights may be a thing of the past. For now, anyway.
Try Expedia.com; they used to have a "bargain fare". Worth looking into.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 11:45 AM
sister

I've always heard tickets are cheaper when bought in Europe. Are there not charters you can take from the UK to Florida? Read your Sunday Paper and look for cheap airfare ads. Then fly when the sales are.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Bargain Flights

1. I suggest you ask this question on the Europe Board as there might be more people there who know about cheap ticket access from the UK to the USA.
2. I agree with Sister....buy the Sunday issue of the London Times, etc. and look in their weekly Travel Section.
3. Go to www.yahoo.com, scroll all the way down and click on the UK version, then click on their Travel section.
4. Try the website below; I have no actual experience with it but it might be useful to you:

http://www.geocities.com/fwoggieuk/

If you're planning your visit to Florida in our summer months of mid-June through end of August, realize that many parts of Florida are very hot and very humid. Best time to visit Florida is in the Spring months.

Good Luck, Soph; hope this helps a bit.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 03:59 PM
TexasTraveler

Be sure to keep in mind your point of departure. Some cities are MUCH cheaper than others. Compare fares from ALL possible airports.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Howard

A bit of general advice: I've always be led to believe that it's cheaper to depart and return on midweek days.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Don

I believe Monarch and Air 2000 are flying charters to Orlando Sanford. Try www.farebase.co.uk

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 06:03 PM
TexasTraveler

You need to go to www.travelocity.com and use the Dream Trip feature (I think that's what it's called). It tells you the best available fare and what day you would have to leave/return to qualify for it.
I think it's really cool and it certainly found the best price for my last trip to NYC.