Reagan and Nixon library trip planning

Jun 3rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Reagan and Nixon library trip planning

Hubby and I are looking to do a Presidential Libraries trip this fall (mid/late October) and we're wondering about airports and hotels. We'll be flying on AA miles, and probably staying in a LaQuinta. Which airport would be easiest and still convenient? Should we plan on staying in a central locaton and driving to the libraries, or stay in different hotels closer to the libraries? Recommendations welcome!
Jun 3rd, 2007, 05:57 PM

How many days are you in So. Calif.? The two Libraries are quite far apart. Nixon's is in Orange County and Reagan's is in Simi Valley north of LA.

So what else are you planing to see/do? John Wayne Orange County airport is closest to Nixon's and Burbank is closest to Reagan's.

LAX is pretty far from both - though probably the best compromise for both locations.

Where to stay will partly depend on what else you want to visit . . . .
Jun 4th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

We're planning to do a long weekend with a full day at each library (maybe less at Nixon's) and not really see much else. I've been to LA several times before. We're from DFW, so traffic and driving in it don't bother us too much.
I really hate to fly into or out of LAX. The place is a zoo! I'll check into Burbank or Orange County...would Long Beach be too far out of the way?