Search

Rancho Bernardo Inn

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 09:04 PM
claire

Rancho Bernardo Inn

We are going to San Diego in March, Rancho Bernardo Inn has been recommended. We would like to hear about opinions on the Inn. We 've been to San Diego several times but never heard of this Inn or know about the surroundings. Any info about the place would be welcome.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 10:21 PM
Barbara

The Rancho Bernardo inn is located in a northern, upper middle class, suburb of the city of San Diego called - Rancho Bernardo! The Inn has a very good golf course, and an outstanding restaurant, El Bizcocho. I haven't stayed there as I live in San Diego. It's about a 30min. drive to downtown or the beaches. Just down the hill from the Inn is another very good restaurant called Bernardo's. I hope this is helpful.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Joe

Location is poor for typical tourist destinations of the city. What do you want to do?

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 08:02 AM
mel

We stayed at RB - for a few days 4 years ago - it was truly lovely - terrific tennis courts, nice pools, golf is right there if you play. Completely accomodating staff and best of all, very good food atEl Bischoco(sp?)(this is in the opinion of 2 fussy New Yorkers) We liked the RB so much we gave an overnight stay to our parents for an anniversary celebration - they loved it too. We stayed there in June with our then 3 yr old son - I'm not sure if the swimming pools are heated, if it will be warm enuf to swim, but the grounds are lovely. The rooms are nicely sized, flowers were everywhere. One night we were having dinner w/out our son, who was sleeping in the room while a baby sitter stayed with him. Before dessert, he woke up crying, the sitter called the restaurant and we quickly left to comfort him. Our waiter understood what had happened and sent us two wonderful desserts to our room, on the house! Now that's the type of thoughtfulness that is remembered and appreciated!

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 11:08 AM
art

The RB Inn is a very nice place to stay however, you are quite far from most of the San Diego attractions. The RB area is mostly residential and industrial. You are a good 30 minutes from the beach. But you are close to the Wild Animal Park which is a great place to visit.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 11:51 AM
martha python

Another RBI fan, but again, if you're planning to be in SD every day, it's not terribly convenient. If you plan to spend a day or two hunkered down enjoying the hotel's amenities and only go into SD occasionally (that's what we did), it's a great choice.