Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Ramada plaza resorts "vacation offer"/timeshare

Aug 3rd, 1999, 03:37 PM
Pat

Anyone had any dealings with this company? Got one of those nifty "certificates" in the mail for 3 nts in Ft. Lauderdale,2 nt Bahamas cruise, 2 nights in Orlando...I know this is a timeshare and read the earlier (great) posts on timeshares...I think I could sit through a presentation without buying...I also know some states have filed suit against the company for misleading practices (ie they don't say its a timeshare deal). I know nothing is free but was wondering if anyone has tried this offer. Thanks in advance!

Aug 4th, 1999, 05:25 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Pat, do yourself a favor and throw that thing away. Once you've gone through the presentation and even if you are able to fend them off and not make a purchase, you'll never get your free trip. They will make it very hard for you to be able to book it. You'll hear that there is "no availability" for any date you select. And they'll make the process of selecting a different date so time consuming and cumbersome, that you'll finally give up. And you'll most likely be out the $50 "taxes" fee that you prepaid when requesting your original travel dates.

Happened to my wife. But she did get the $15 Olive Garden gift certificates. Whoopee.

Sep 9th, 1999, 08:27 AM
dwcasper

I would like more information on this package....

Sep 9th, 1999, 09:53 AM
JoAnn

Pat, go to WWW.TUG2.NET and ask this question there on the "buying/renting" section. TUG = Timeshare Users Group, and if you've read my other posts on this subject, you'll know that you will be dealing with timeshare owners, NOT developers, salesmen, or realtors. Surely someone on that BBS will have better information for you on those "deals" and how they work. Do this before you go to become much better informed. JoAnn

Sep 13th, 1999, 09:46 AM
Leta

We got one of those also. We were thinking about it but then decided not to, simply because I like to plan every detail of my vacation, including the hotel and type of room on the ship.
BUT my brother-in-law bought this and he is going to cruise in December. He seems pretty happy with it, but he hasn't gone yet so I don't know.

Sep 13th, 1999, 12:22 PM
ssoares

My wife and I just came back from our Ramada vacation. It was just GREAT! The timeshare presentation took us three hours on a Sunday morning, but we managed to make it shorter than usual and not buy it. My advice for the ones who already have their vacations booked to Fort Lauderdale and Orlando is check in the hotel in Orlando at night after visiting the first park, so you won't be bothered with another presentation. Another thing: don't buy the offer unless you really want to travel to these destinations in a short period of time. Snorkeling, parasailing, Viscaya, Atlantis, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Beach Place, Riverfront, Universal, South Beach, we did it all!

Sep 20th, 1999, 01:23 PM
casper

Don't get sucked into this package. We did and are sorry that we did.