Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

RAMADA INN BEACHFRONT,FORT MYERS BEACH,FLORIDA,HOW DO YOU RATE?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:41 AM
CAROL B

IF ANYONE HAS STAYED HERE RECENTLY HOW DID IT RATE? PLEASE LET US KNOW,ANY INFO MUCH APPRECIATED.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Kathy

Hello did not stay at the hotel. But I have stayed in this area. Nice beach area and is very touristy. Lots of partiers. The other side of the beach is more family orientated. Good Luck.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 12:42 AM
carol

Kathy,
Thankyou for your reply.We have 2 children aged 8 and 14 so i am hoping it is'nt too wild for us.We are going in late May,perhaps it will be a bit quieter then.We were also a bit concerned about the Ramada inn beachfront as several people have indicated that Ramadas are bad news.We are coming from the UK with Virgin holidays and have had one bad experience with one of their hotels before.If anyone has any more info please let me know.
Thanks again.
Carol.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 09:35 AM
bez

We went to Fort Myers from the UK in December and passed it several times and it looked okay and has a great location on the beach which is what we needed as it was 85 degrees. It didn't appear too noisy during the day or night, despite it being on the main beach road.
However, I would recommend the nearby Best Western Beach Resort which is wher we stayed and is situated just off the main road and has all sea view rooms. The prices are reasonable and you get a continental breakfast in the price.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Carmella

I personally do not recommend Fort Myers Beach for a family vacation. It is becoming more of a spring break location so it might not be that bad in May but we were staying in Naples and went there one night and I didn't like it at all. Clearwater/Sand Key is very nice and has beautiful beaches.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 06:32 AM
CAROL

Thankyou for your replies.Have decided to forget the Ramada after contacting them and being told that pets are welcome in all their rooms(our young daughter is allergic).We have booked into the Inn at Pelican Bay,Naples instead.Any info appreciated.Thanks.