Rainforest Cafe in Orlando

Old Sep 2nd, 1999, 08:00 AM
Cindy

Rainforest Cafe in Orlando

Is there any difference between the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney Marketplace versus the one located in Animal Kingdom? I have heard that the one in A.K. has a more dramatic interior and ambience? I would appreciate any info.

Old Sep 2nd, 1999, 08:19 AM
ilisa

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've been to Raiforest at both locations in Disney, as well as the one in Tysons Corner, VA, and they all look and sound the same to me. As far as ambience, I can't say that any Rainforest Cafe has that.

Old Sep 2nd, 1999, 08:19 AM
ilisa

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've been to Raiforest at both locations in Disney, as well as the one in Tysons Corner, VA, and they all look and sound the same to me. As far as ambience, I can't say that any Rainforest Cafe has that.

Old Sep 2nd, 1999, 05:46 PM
Kirby

I have to agree with ilisa. If overpriced fast food and noisy stuffed animals turns you on, go for it. I had a hard time enjoying the mechanical managerie at the A.K. since I had seen the real creatures just a few minutes before going in. They sure have a great gimmick going with the merchandise store acting as a funnel/waiting room. We spent as much money on stuff as food. But it’s definitely a “been there, done that” kind of place for us.

Old Sep 3rd, 1999, 11:23 AM
Larry

In the words of a former first lady..."just say no!"

Old Sep 4th, 1999, 10:14 AM
Dayle

I've been to the one in South Coast Plaza, in Costa Mesa. Once was enough. The food was poor and the "ambiance" appealing only to 3 year olds. Definitely didn't need a tee shirt or rubber snake.

Old Sep 5th, 1999, 09:25 AM
Diane

Disney "Boardwalk" has a wide selection of good restaurants to choose from - ranging from Wolfgang Puck to a big ESPN Sportsbar.

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 04:33 AM
sl

I've been to three Rainforest Cafes. They all have several things in common:
Long lines
Long waits
Slow service
Disappointing food
Not worth the relatively high prices
You get that nice warm "I've been ripped off" feeling afterwards.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 07:07 AM
Scott K.

Agree with the above-AVOID THE CAFE!!

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 09:10 AM
K Noel

I visited the Rainforest Cafe at Disney and it was "OK". Since business was booming, with lines and cash registers ringing, I looked into the stock. Somebody enjoyes eating at the Rainforest anyway! Orlando does 60 million in sales each year.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 11:23 AM
Parrot Mom

Been to the Rain Forest Cafe in London (how about that for name dropping) and Burlington, Mass. If you have kids or you don't mind "rug rats" running around it's a fun experience. The food is not bad although a little overpriced, but your being entertaineD AT THEsame time.... Go once, we are all kids at heart... By my name you can gather I had other reasons we have parrots and wanted to particularly see the live parrot display...especially in London...These animals have a better life than most kids...and are really pampered. Go for it!!!! Be a kid at heart...

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 11:23 AM
Parrot Mom

Been to the Rain Forest Cafe in London (how about that for name dropping) and Burlington, Mass. If you have kids or you don't mind "rug rats" running around it's a fun experience. The food is not bad although a little overpriced, but your being entertaineD AT THEsame time.... Go once, we are all kids at heart... By my name you can gather I had other reasons we have parrots and wanted to particularly see the live parrot display...especially in London...These animals have a better life than most kids...and are really pampered. Go for it!!!! Be a kid at heart...