Search

Radisson - Santa Fe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 12:52 AM
Laura

Radisson - Santa Fe

Hi,

Has anyone stayed in the Radisson in Santa Fe? It looks nice and their rates seem good but I would love to hear from someone who stayed there.

Thanks,

Laura

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 10:53 AM
kal

Hello Laura,

Are you talking about the one just outside of the city located on the old highway or the one a few blocks away from the downtown square on, I believe, Washington street?

I think there are 2 in that area.
Kal

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 01:20 PM
Laura

Hi Kal,

The address is 750 North St. Francis Drive. It says that it's minutes away from the Plaza. But maybe that's by car, not walking!

Laura

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 01:56 PM
kal

Laura,
We stayed at the one you're talking about. It's a car ride from the Plaza.

We were there about 2 years ago and have a funny story about the place.

Bear with me...a bit of a long tale..

After traveling from Sacramento to Denver and then thru one of the BIGGEST thunderstorms I've ever flown thru in a small prop plane (one wild ride!), we arrived in Santa Fe tired and battered.

We arrived at the Radisson around 9:00p.m.
Since it was dark and the property didn't look that big, we brought our luggage in to check in.

We reserved a non-smoking room. We were shown where our room was located. It was in the "lower forty" and we had to drive to it.

Loaded up the luggage and drove to it.
Unloaded and went to the room. Went in and after noting it smelled like a forrest fire had just been put out in it, we called the fr. desk and were told to come back so they could give us a different room.

Loaded the luggage and drove back up the hill to the front office.

We were told it was impossible that the room smelled like that. We're both non-smokers so we know smoke when we smell it.

On to the next room. Kept the luggage in the car. Went to the room, opened the door to find clothes hanging in the closet, shave kit in the bathroom and bags on the bed. It was an occupied room!

Back to the front desk where we were told, once again, "it's impossible"....

Third times a charm, right? WRONG!

Next new room had some small change on the dresser along with the paper door key holder, a/c on and the toilet paper rolled out almost down to the floor!

We were ready to cry if we weren't laughing soooo hard!

We went back to the desk, you should have seen their faces, and told them to find us a room and let us know where it is because we needed food since our last meal was breakfast at home and the restaurant closed at 10:00.

We walked up the stairs to the restaurant and asked if they were still serving. She said they closed early because it wasn't busy!

She suggested to go to the bar and order from the appetizer menu.

A happy ending:
Since we were laughing so hard when we walked into the bar, the b'tender asked us what was sooo funny. After we told him our story, we ate and drank free.

He even went down to the front desk to check on the "room-finding status" and brought the key back. Needless to say, he got a huge tip!

They found us a non-smoking room with twin beds. They told us they would find us a king, non-smoker for the remaining 3 days but after that, we told them keep us there...we'll get by!

All this aside, it is a pretty cool hotel located overlooking Sante Fe.
Rooms pretty generic but the main building is pretty nice.

It's a bit too far away from downtown so when we go back we will shoot for La Fonda or Inn of the Anasazi.

Wow...now I have a craving for the jalapeno/watermelon granito at La Casa Sena!

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 05:35 PM
fred and betty

Yep that's the same one I stayed at too.