Reload this Page >

QUICKBOOK OR HOTEL DISCOUNTS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 09:48 PM
KATHY

Has anyone ever used quickbook.com or hoteldiscounts.com to book a hotel room. What were the results?

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 12:01 AM
Lisa

Hi Kathy, we used hoteldiscounts last year when we went to Vegas. Stayed at Caesars Palace (the palace tower) and we received a pretty good rate. Believe me, I checked all sources before booking the room. When I phoned CP directly, their price was about $30 higher. I plan on using them again this year. One other thing, everything that we requested concerning our room was granted, (non-smoking room, high up) Just phone the hotel a week or so before you leave home and verify that everything is in order. Enjoy your trip.

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 03:27 PM
KATHY

Thank you, Lisa. It's a really good idea to call the hotel a week before arriving to make sure everything is in order. The hotel we are considering is about $100 less per night through quickbook and about $80 less per night through hoteldiscounts then it is by calling the hotel directly. So obviously I would prefer quickbook over hoteldiscounts.

Has anyone used quickbook? What were the results?

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Renee

Hi Kathy,

We used Quickbook for research and someone else I know used them with good results.

We went to NYC this past November and December and got the Shoreham for $159 night listed on Quickbook. The Washington Post said that Quickbook was a good site for hotel discounts, and so far, they've come through pretty well.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 01:14 PM
KATHY

Renee, Thank you. How long ago was the article on quickbook in The Washington Post?

Does anyone else have anything to add?

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 04:07 AM
xxx

Kathy try to do text search on this forum under hoteldiscounts.com I remember such post a few months ago. We used them and were very happy with resaults. Will use them again for our trip to NYC in April

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 04:23 AM
elizabeth

Kathy - I used Quikbook in early January to book the Righa Royal in NYC - Rate was $269 for an Imperial Suite plus a $25 F&B credit per day versus directly booking with the hotel at $289 for a Royal Suite (Imperial Suites are higher/bigger) so I was pleased.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:21 AM
sean

Elisabeth
What was the RIGHA like-I have booked an Imperial suite in March.
Is it big enough for 3 adults and a child?
Any feedback appreciated

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 07:22 AM
KATHY

XXX and Elizabeth,
Thank you! Doing a search on this forum really helped. I got a great deal of information.

Thanks again,
Kathy

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 09:19 AM
elizabeth

Sean - I was very pleased with the Righa - great location and the suite was lovely.

As far as room for 3 adults and a child - as I understand it the bedroom configuration is either a king size bed or 2 twin beds - I wanted a double double but was told they don't offer it (at least at the Imperial Level). In the living room I believe the couch pulls out. But I'm having trouble figuring out where everybody will sleep - they also have cots, so perhaps you could use a cot for the child but it will be pretty cramped and they may have to remove some furniture to accommodate the open couch and a cot in the living room. The concierge is very helpful - maybe give them a call?

BTW - the brunch at the Righa is well reviewed - it's on the 54th floor and much is made of the view but unless you're sitting right next to a window (and the day we were there only tables of 8 were next to the windows) you can't really see much - the brunch was nice, but not worth the money IMO ($45 each, as I recall)

Have a nice visit!

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Sean

Thanks Elizabeth
I will report back on our return