Quick question-Universal Studios

May 26th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Original Poster

Quick question-Universal Studios

Hoping to go to Universal Studios Florida, in July or August (I know, I know, it will be hot!!). HOw many days is good to see/do all? Also, if not going to Disney/Magic Kingdom this visit, what else is there to see and do in Orlando with an 11 year old, who is obsessed with Harry Potter.

Thank you.
May 27th, 2019, 04:34 AM

I would recommend at least three days, especially since your 11 year old is obsessed with Harry Potter.
May 27th, 2019, 07:49 AM

2 days for me, but I mostly just did HP, and I donít like the virtual rides.

more ideas than you can use:

https://mommypoppins.com/kids/family...an-theme-parks

(me, Iíd book a nice resort at Disney and spend time by the pool)
May 28th, 2019, 06:46 AM

We have stayed five days at Universal and never ran out of things to do. The on site hotels are very nice offer express access to the attractions. It's great to be able to walk to the parks from the hotel or take a water taxi.
May 28th, 2019, 07:08 AM

To get the full effect, you need 2 full days at Universal unless you plan to visit the water park, in which case you need 3. But the crucial thing is to buy the park-to-park option on the tickets, which is required to ride the Hogwarts Express. Right now, they are offering some deals online through June 12. If you stay at one of the deluxe resorts on-site, you get early entry into the Harry Potter sections and the express-pass option, which is very expensive. But you don't get all those benefits with the cheaper hotels, so definitely read the fine print before booking. July is considered prime season, but you can get some deals if you wait until August.
May 28th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.

Do you buy the tickets through the Universal website, or can you get them cheaper elsewhere (like Expedia or Undercover Tourist)?
May 30th, 2019, 04:26 AM

Sometimes you can get a package deal that includes hotel and park tickets. We did that through Universal vacations.
May 30th, 2019, 06:37 AM

Go to Mousesavers.com for excellent links to discounts and tips for Universal (and other Florida sites; they aren't just disney!). You might consider making reservations for lunch at one of the sit-down (air conditioned) restaurants within the park (planning your day and location), which we have found to be very similar in price compared to the walk-up on-the- go stalls, but a welcome break from the crowds and heat, and a good way to recharge for the rest of the day.
Jun 2nd, 2019, 04:04 AM

We stayed at Universal's Cabana Bay Resort with our 10 year old grand daughter. It has a shuttle bus every few minutes to Universal Studies and early entry. The best part of the hotel is the lazy river, which was cooling and relaxing after a long day at Harry Potter World.
Jun 2nd, 2019, 04:40 AM

Cabana Bay doesn't offer the express access that the other on site hotels do.