Reload this Page >

Question for mopest - Old Town

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 05:04 AM
RJ

Can you tell me anything about first night?

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 08:20 AM
susan

huh?

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 11:20 AM
Christina

I am not familiar with the word "mopest", perhaps you should explain. Also, there are many cities in the world with an "Old Town" section. As for the only thing I can understand in your post, if you don't even know what "first night" is, I believe it's a relatively recent concept/organization that puts on events and entertainment/performances on NY Eve for the whole family (ie, no alcohol). It's kind of like a tame NY Eve party for all ages, but a good one will have good performances scheduled. They have one in Old Town, Alexandria, VA, for example. It started in Boston which is the organization's headquarters (www.firstnightintl.org).

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 02:54 PM
RJ

Sorry about that folks. Mo is a person who lives in Old Town Alexandria and has posted here. mopest is a part of his/her email address.

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 03:20 PM
mo

RJ, Christinia is absolutly correct. Old Town has been holding first nights for the last couple yrs in various locations. The city sponsors such family oriented things such as storytellers, jugglers, face painting,plays,clowns etc on New years eve. They have refreshments (no alchol). Sorry I can't elaborate as I have never been to one (I don't have children) Happy Holidays!!!!