Reload this Page >

Quaint town for romantic getaway

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2002, 01:49 AM
Shari

Looking for a quaint town, or historical area of a larger city, to spend our anniversary weekend this summer. Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio. . .within 3-4 hours of Cincinnati. A bed and breakfast would be ideal. Sleepy little towns with a few shops and a little history. Any suggestions?

Old May 14th, 2002, 11:01 AM
bee

What about Madison, IN? It should only be a couple of hours from Cincinnati. I've only been there once, but remember that there was a soda shop in the drug store, several B&B's and some historical homes. Nice, quiet little town.

Old May 14th, 2002, 11:07 AM
x

Golden Lamb in Lebanon. Also, lots of b&b's in the Hocking Hills (SE Ohio)

Old May 14th, 2002, 11:15 AM
linda

Bardstown Ky is a wonderful small town- try the Talbott Tavern. There's My Old Ky Home and the park where you can see the outdoor musical "Stephen Foster Story". Also, Shaker Village near Harrodsburg Ky is interesting- you can stay there as well.

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:54 PM
xxx

Ivanna
Why the rude response? And anyway, what would it matter?

Old May 15th, 2002, 01:54 AM
Shari

We've been to Madison (one of my husband's favorites) as well as Lebanon and Shaker Village. I was thinking of Bardstown, Linda. Thanks for the Talbott suggestion. Do you know anything about the Maple Hill Manor in nearby Springfield? It looked very nice also.

Old May 15th, 2002, 04:10 AM
linda

Shari,
i will have to ask my husband about that one.Reason I mentioned Talbott is that I played piano for their grand reopening after part of it was damaged in a fire. It is beautiful, and the food is great! It's right in the middle of the adorable town, you can walk to everything there.If you go, be sure to tour Maker's Mark distillery. Very good tour.