Reload this Page >

Puerto Rico Day Parade

Search

Puerto Rico Day Parade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 04:32 AM
Marla

Puerto Rico Day Parade

What is the date of the 2001 annual Puerto Rico Day Parade? Making plans for a visit to New York in June and would prefer to avoid this time, due to crowds etc.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 05:29 AM
AC

Hi Marla:
I am not sure when the parade is but please do not come to enjoy NYC at that time. It take about six hours and that would be a good time to visit all the sights south of 42nd street...Empire State Building, WTC, Staten Island Ferry, Statue of Liberty,etc. Or go see a show that day. You'll be then on the Westside of Manhattan and the parade is on 5th. Plenty to see or do without the parade being in your way. Enjoy yourself and welcome to NYC!

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 05:30 AM
AC

Marla;
I ment to say please DO COME to NYC and don't let the thought of crowds form the parade keep you away....fingers were ahead of the brain!!!

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 05:31 AM
AC

MARLA:
I meant to say DO COME and enjoy NYC at that time! Fingers ahead of the brain...sorry!

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Marla

Unfortunately my plans were all centering around 5th Avenue and thus the question. I can move my visit to a weekend on either side of the Parade...which I believe last year was on June 10th or 11th?

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Tom

I believe the Puerto Rican Parade is on the second Sunday of June each year. Be advised June is a busy motnh for parades on 5th Ave. The Gay and Lesbian Pride Parade is also in June and there may be more on others. The Puerto Rican Day Parade is probably the largest but the others will close 5th Avenue as well.