Reload this Page >

Provencial Hotel, New Orleans

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 07:10 PM
Vicki

Has anyone stayed ay this French Quarter hotel? I am interested to know what your stay was like.

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 09:44 PM
Susan

We've stayed there 3 times. There are several buildings. We much prefer the one on the front. (There was something depressing about the back building although it had been remodeled. I think it was a hospital during the Civil War.)
Our room (in the front) was fine. Also, the location is great (quiet & safe at night).
Recommend.

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 02:02 PM
vicki

Thanks for the info, it sounded like a nice place

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 05:21 PM
Tina

Just got back and stayed at the Place De Armes. Very good and safe location, service and parking facilities. Not sure about the Provencial.

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 06:51 PM
michael

I had some associates who stayed there last month. Good enough and a great location. They did some touring with Isabelle, a buggy tour, and a Tour With Chris. Favorite restaurant was Coop's Place and Brunning's on the lake for seafood. The airboat ride was probably the highlight of their stay . . . New Orleans was in good form! Michael

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Phil Tune

Vicki,
We spent 3 nights there in January. It is in the lower part of the French Quarter which we liked because it was quieter. We had a two bed room facing the courtyard. The courtyard had a fountain and gas lanterns which added to the charm. The other courtyard has the pool, which was too cold to use in January, but it looked nice. The room was clean and nicely furnished. It had a nice small hotel feel. We would go back.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 04:23 PM
dana

We'll be staying at this property next week, and I'm so glad to hear positive
feedback. I'm also very happy to hear Coop's Place mentioned, as I was under the impression that it didn't exist any more. I've eaten there everytime that I've gone to New Orleans, and am so pleased to hear thatit's still there.